Process Engineer -Nylon And Polyester Extrusion
PHP Fibers Inc.
Scottsboro , AL 35768
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Provide data analysis and guidance to the production team at a Nylon 6.6 and PET extrusion / spinning plant that supplies yarn into the automotive airbag market.
- Responsible for reviewing Relative Viscosity (RV) / Intrinsic Viscosity (IV) and moisture levels for all SSP, Conditioners, & Dryers and making adjustments as needed. This could be adjustments w/ any of the pre-extrusion equipment or adjustments in extruder/drawfield settings.
- Responsible for knowing company HSE and Quality procedures for own position and insures that these are followed.
- Responsible for evaluating and overseeing all code/product changes and ensuring that all aspects of code changes are being done per work instructions/procedures correctly. Coordinating with the entire process team.
- Review and evaluate previous days spinning data (frays, breaks, warp/weft, A grade) and provide guidance to Process Technicians on work to be performed based upon that data.
- Monitor Pareto analysis of Management Review Carts and explore, identify, and recommend potential corrective actions for issues that are big quantity/high percentage issues.
- Review and evaluate PPKs (Process consistency data) for each merge/product on monthly basis and work with PE Techs to explore, identify, and recommend ways to improve PPKs that are low/trending downward.
- Review incoming polymer data (RV/IV, moisture, COA data) from each supplier (PET (polyester) and PA (nylon) and ensure that each supplier is supplying a product that is consistent with no variation.
- Work w/ Technical Marketing and Process Technicians on product trials (planning, execution, and data collection & analysis and making recommendations based upon the results of this analysis).
- Assist Production Team by identifying and recommending cost savings/performance improvements (can include planning and execution).
- Responsible for monitoring various auxiliary systems for each process and identifying and notifying Maintenance of any issues.
- Assist in executing projects related to any aspect of production, quality, or workflow improvement. Assists Technical Marketing, Process Technicians, and Maintenance in problem solving for customer issues.
- Review available production data and settings to identify opportunities in process improvement and make recommendations to Production Team regarding process improvement opportunities.
- BS in Engineering, preferably Chemical, Mechanical, Textile, Polymer
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with production team
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability (six sigma certification preferred)
- Knowledge of statistical software applications
BCBS of Alabama Medical and Dental insurance with 70% (employer) / 30% (employee) premium split, vision, flex health and dependent care optional, LTD, Life Insurance, 401K matching