The Executive Group
Houston , TX 77001
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Process Chemist plays a key role by partnering with production and operation teams to ensure unit performance and product quality standards are met and provide technical and analytical expertise for assigned process units. Our culture is one of Collaboration, Initiative, Transparency, and Delivering Results. The successful candidate will embody these traits and will be a curious problem solver focused on continuous improvement.
- Ensures safe and reliable operation in the lab, driving high safety standards
- Actively participates in site safety programs and leads in safety initiatives.
- Works as a member of a cross-functional process team to monitor the production process, troubleshoot production issues, and identify and champion process improvements.
- Partners with production engineer to help monitor and optimize unit performance.
- Drives improvements in process chemistry and analytical tools/techniques.
- Develops and maintains process unit chemistry expertise, continuously building a body of technical knowledge around unit operation and processes.
- Serves as a liaison between operations and R&D to facilitate plant trials and champion process improvements.
- Provides analytical support for the HNO QC Lab and Plant including troubleshooting, new method development, and management of outsourced samples.
- Works cross-functionally to conduct and document statistical evaluation of proposed specifications.
- Manages specification changes for assigned process units.
- Provides a quality assessment of new raw materials and process unit changes.
- Provides leadership and support of the quality management systems at HNO including:
- Calibration program
- PM and laboratory maintenance program
- Sample schedules
- Site computer applications and resources (LIMS, OpenLAB, NWA, etc.)
- Plans and documents projects and delivers results according to established timelines.
- Performs analyses on a non-routine basis as required by the business.
- Performs specialized sampling, analysis, and assessment of process unit performance.
- Drives process improvements using analytical tools and techniques.
- Develops operating procedures and provides training for testing equipment and new methods of test.
- Facilitates and participates in Root Cause Investigations.
- Works with customers and outside labs to resolve analytical discrepancies.
- Works in the field with operations and maintenance during turnarounds.
- Spends time in the field working with operations.
- Communicates and documents results in concise format.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in process chemistry and/or analytical laboratories
- Experience in Quality Assurance best practices
- ISO 9000 experience (desired but not mandatory)
- Six Sigma knowledge (desired but not mandatory)
- Experience with method development and troubleshooting gas chromatography, ion chromatography, total organic carbon analysis, Karl Fisher, gel permeation chromatography
- Communication and leadership skills with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage ambiguity, communicate and lead effectively in cross-functional teams