Proactive Systems/Network Engineer
Frisco , TX 75034
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Proactive Systems/Network Engineer works with and ahead of the service desk to proactively implement and maintain comprehensive best practice assessments using an RSC (risk, security, & compliance) management toolset for all client systems. Performs assessments to aligns clients to best practices and proactively reduce reactive ticket counts. Through continuously scheduled onsite client site visits, establishes close technical relationship with clients primary point of contact and key users.
Wide support experience, preferably with a managed services provider (MSP) having served multiple SMB clients where support is provided for server/systems on a Microsoft AD domain, network, storage, desktop, O365 email, with security requirements; or equivalent experience leading support for small-mid but complex environment
Proven experience in:
- Supporting and creating Group Policy, VPNs, LAN/WAN/WLAN, VoiP/PBX and desktop/field-services support
- Managing virtualized server environments on Hyper V and/or VMWare
- Vendor Management including application support, print, and phone system triage
- Access control and security incident response and remediation
- Desktop and technology refresh management
- Security/Compliance administration
- Amazing customer service skills (people LOVE you and you thrive on serving them!)
- Develops technical best practices and performs ongoing assessment of clients to determine alignment/misalignment.
- Establishes and implements best practices, ultimately reducing ticket creation by working with and in front of the service desk.
- Schedules onsite monthly visits with clients and maintains ownership of RSC assessment tool, scheduling and performing assessments and aligning clients to best practices. Works closely with vCIO to prepare for technology steering meetings.
- Works closely with client onboarding team to assist with and maintain documentation, configuration changes, and technology remediation
- Seeks out automation and process needs to increase efficiency of service desk by reducing ticket counts and proactively addressing user needs.
- Works closely with centralized services; audits and reviews RMM configuration and performs security/compliance remediation where needed.
- Serves as an escalation point for service desk, especially where onsite field services are required, and acts as the technical subject matter expert for clients managed. Provides overflow assistance for service desk.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours emergency support
- Leads creation of and maintains technical documentation, process, and knowledge base content. Develops and maintain knowledge of client networks including:
- Hardware and software inventories
- Maintaining Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and Network Diagrams
- Basic understanding of Line of Business (LOB) applications and associated vendors
- Performs regular onsite services
- Implement DKB "Company Way" (standards and process)
- Implements & helps define best practices
- Administration checklist
- Verification of remote services
- Works with vCIO to assess and minimize business risk
- Evaluate and recommend new software, hardware, or upgrades
- Continuously improves client experience
- Determines if technology is functioning optimally to meet client needs.
- Recaps findings and actions for client at conclusion of each onsite visit
- Coordinates with vCIO to implement technology to meet business goals
- Upgrade firmware of network/core infrastructure devices including (but not limited to) SANs, NAS, Switches, Firewalls, and hypervisors
- Azure / AWS infrastructure maintenance and configuration
We offer web-based technical training subscriptions, reimbursed certifications, and reimbursed client-travel mileage. 100% paid employee medical benefits, 401(k) with match immediately vested, family medical, dental, and life available. 11 days paid holiday, 12 days PTO starting year 1; after first year 3 weeks of PTO per year, plus flexible time.