Privileging Document Support Specialist
Specialists On Call
Reston , VA 20191
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SOC Telemed (SOC) is the nations most experienced and trusted provider of physician consultations via telemedicine, offering 24x7 coverage and serving approximately 500 hospitals nationwide. Through its Neurology, Psychiatry, Critical Care, and Managed Services solutions, SOC virtually delivers physicians directly to the patients bedside.
SOC was the first private provider of acute clinical telemedicine services to earn The Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval and has maintained that accreditation every year since inception. We are uniquely positioned for exponential growth in this $3 billion annual marketif we can meet the challenges of this growth.
The Privileging Document Support Specialist works closely and supports the Privileging Coordinator and Privileging Specialist, ensuring all documents and reports are pulled for the necessary applications in process. Other responsibilities include creating supporting document packets and reports to be submitted to hospitals for the purpose of physician privileging, reappointment and continuous credentialing required by facilities.
Please note that this position is located in our Reston, VA headquarters.
- Open and decipher mail for Credentialing, Licensing and Privileging (CLP) department.
- Process peer references, physician competency letters and OPPE reports
- Pull all reports necessary for applications being submitted
- Compile physician packets for delivery to facilities.
- Update Echo with current status of applications
- Escalate issues to management as necessary
- Ensure work and product standards are of the highest level including strict confidentiality of physician information
- Maintain professional communication with all physicians, coworkers and management
- Maintain compliance with Joint Commission credentialing standards and SOC policy and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- One to three years experience in Medical Affairs field or similar relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and web based applications
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and ability
- Proven time management and prioritization skills focusing on urgent and overlapping deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and proven accuracy with record keeping
- Requires ability to prepare accurate reports and maintain timely records
- Requires ability to maintain strong working relationships with clinical staff, outside agencies, coworkers and management
- Must be a self-starter, energetic, organized, a fast learner and thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects concurrently, follow through and focus on details
- Strong problem solving skills
- High school diploma
- Associate degree or higher preferred
This position is located in our Reston, VA headquarters.
As part of its total compensation strategy, SOC Telemed provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits program is designed to provide you with the opportunity to select benefit options that best fit your lifestyle and personal choices.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid 1x Life and AD&D (Supplemental available)
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
- Paid Time Off
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave
- Military Leave Pay
- Commuter Assistance