Principal/Chief Software Architect-Computer Graphics
Oppo US Research Center
Seattle , WA 98126
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As a critical member of the technology innovation leadership team in the fast-growing OPPO Research Center, located at Bellevue, WA, you will be responsible for continuous, successful technology research and development on computer graphics domain, to support the companys products and future directions, including smartphones, internet of things and next generation smart devices.
Your role will act like a bridge between academic state-of-art research topics and solid industry near-future solutions.
You are responsible for the advancement of OPPOs software technology on computer graphics domain on both research and engineering front.
You will be expected to do research on academic and industrial trends, make technology/design choices, plan and design key technologies targeting OPPOs existing and future products.
Will Be Responsible For
- Incubate new long/short term projects to advance OPPOs software technology on computer graphics domain
- Research on academic and industrial trends of the latest computer graphics field.
- Architect future graphics subsystem & feature on existing or conceptual product.
- Lead architect discussions for key features regarding to computer graphics.
- Evaluate architectural choices and decisions made by others, as well as formulating alternatives when needed.
- Architect mid to long term tangible R&D roadmap on computer graphics field for the next 3-5 year.
- Drive innovative collaborations (brainstorm, research discussion, market research, forums) across stake holders inside and outside of company.
- Analyze and pinpoint improvement directions of existing projects for better performance, reliability, and usability.
- Work with engineering manager to ensure the architectural design is properly implemented by the engineering team.
- Work with engineering manager to oversight the whole entire research and development workflow
- Work on and resolve advanced research and engineering issues independently.
- Mentor junior team members
- Master in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience with a focus on computer graphics and real-time rendering.
- 10+ year experience working on computer graphics, real-time rendering, computer game programming, GPU programming and related fields.
- 10+ year experience on C++ programming.
- Expert on all popular modern rendering APIs, including DirectX, OpenGL and Vulkan.
- Expert on GPU rendering pipeline.
- Expert on GPU architecture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be passionate about computer graphics and its applications
- Familiar with Linux development environment and general software engineering workflow and toolset.
- Experience with mobile/ embedded development environment
- Familiar with CUDA programming
- Familiar with popular game engines like UE4 and Unity
- Familiar with digital content creation tools & pipeline, including but not limited to maya, 3dmax, blender.
- Experience with commercial game development and releasing.
- Proven records of academic contributions (papers) or industrial contributions (open-source projects and patents)
- Collaborative experience with universities
- Persuasive speech skills and strong interpersonal skill
- PhD in Computer Science/Engineering