Principal System Engineer
Alpharetta , GA 30022
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
If qualified L3Harris Technologies wants you to send your resume to email@example.com
Principal System Engineer- 113238
United States- Georgia- Alpharetta
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: Engineering- Aeronautic / Avionic Engineering
- Be involved with the design, development and testing of various airborne products.
- Help with initial product concept, and work with our customer on developing formal specifications and requirements.
- Will entail collaboration and coordination with other departments to help manage the process from initial product design to final customer acceptance and transition to production.
- Position may involve 20% - 30% travel to customers and suppliers.
Must be permanent resident of the U.S. or U.S. citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interfacing with internal and external customers
- Proven experience and understanding of requirements capture and allocation, using engineering tools for requirements management (e.g. IBM DOORS).
- In depth working knowledge of system validation, verification and integration processes for highly complex product developments.
- Experienced in creating Interface Definition Documents (IDD’s) and Interface Control Drawings (ICD’s)
- Familiar with ARP-4754A, ARP-4761 and MIL-STD- 882E system and safety development process.
- Familiar with high-level objectives of DO-254, DO-178B/C and DO-160 processes
- Familiar with commercial and military communications protocols such as RS-232, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 664 (AFDX), and ARINC 818 (Fiber).
- Ability to work well in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment, including:*
- Planning Systems Engineering tasks that meet schedule, cost, and performance goals
- Generating requirements, design, and verification documents
- Handling multiple tasks concurrently and with competing deadline
- Working with little supervision*
- Experienced in behavioral modeling/simulation (e.g. UML modeling with use-cases and sequence diagrams), peer reviews, configuration and change management.
- In depth understanding of Optical Characteristics of flight displays with additional knowledge of functions of Glass Manufacturer OEM’s.
- Comfortable in interacting and communicating with Senior Engineering Management, Program Management, Business Development, and Finance.
- Familiar with the FAA and MIL certification processes, associated supplemental type design, and Technical Standard Order (TSO) requirements.
- Demonstrated successful program pursuit and capture ability (concept development, writing and costing)
- High-level understanding of manufacturing build, test, quality and customer acceptance review processes.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $110,000 to $125,000Never repost
Full-time Benefits- Full
Relocation Assistance Available- Possible for ideal candidate
Interview Travel Reimbursed- Yes
7+ to 10 years experience
Seniority Level- Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required- No
Minimum Education- Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel- Never