Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Principal Software Engineer
On-Demand Talent Management
Austin , Texas 73301
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Center for Enablement (C4E) within Retail Solutions is responsible for overseeing the strategy, execution, governance and management of a brand-new API platform. As a senior member on this team, you will be expected to be hands-on and drive technical PoCs, vendor evaluations, reference implementations etc. as well as build the core capabilities that will enable teams to rapidly deliver consistent/high quality APIs. As a thought leader and Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be required to influence the API strategy for features teams and help/guide them through their API journey. The ideal candidate will have prior experience building/maintaining a public facing API product (API Management tools, Security, SwaggerHub etc.). We have aggressive goals over the next couple of years and are looking for candidates with a passion for APIs and a can-do attitude!Technologies we use:
C#, Java, UI frameworks- React, AngularJS, AWS - SNS, SQS, Kinesis, Firehose, Data Storage- Oracle, SQL Server, DynamoDB, Postgres, API Management- Mashery, AWS API GatewayYour Role:
- Recognized as an expert in the company in multiple domain areas in terms of breadth and depth. Solve unique problems that have a broad impact to the company.
- Display high level of critical thinking in bringing success to the organization
- Lead team of engineers in design/implement key technical projects
- Able to articulate key issues and draft action plan and communicate with management
- Execute on platform and applications roadmap deliverables
- Develop and deliver enhancements which meet or exceed customer needs
- Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
- Develop high performance, scalable and secure solutions
- Enhance and maintain tools to support enhanced catalogs
- Plan and deliver core technology upgrades
- Diagnose, design, and implement solutions to key technology or application problems
- 12+ years of work experience in a senior technical role with direct hands-on skill set.
- Strong background in a high level language (C# or Java), Data management (SQL and NoSQL technologies), AWS and REST APIs.
- Prior experience building/maintaining a public facing API Product (API management tools, SwaggerHub)
- Ability to communicate, influence other supporting teams such as product, QA, DevOps, etc. to achieve the objectives.
- Familiar with UI technologies such as React, Angular, extJS, etc.
- Knowledge of development tools such as Visual Studio, Git, Jenkins, Jira, Fisheye, SVN, Eclipse or equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to drive all phases of development cycle including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, rollout, and support
- BS in Computer Engineering/Science or related field. MS preferred.
We Look For:
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual.
- Must be an effective communicator
- Engages and mentors other Software Engineers
- Embrace and learn new technologies
BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience