Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Principal Software Engineer (Java)
Back River Search
Chicago , IL 60606
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client seeks an experienced back end engineer to join its small, focused team and help transform a $300 billion market. Every year, consumer goods brands and retailers in the US spend nearly 2% of GDP to fund discounts and other promotions, which drive 40% of overall sales volume. Our client is the pioneer in Offer Innovation, introducing the capability for brands and retailers to discover, test, and deploy more effective promotions using a cloud-based SaaS platform that harnesses the latest in behavioral economics and machine learning.
Working with Java, you will build major features and new products as a senior member of our remarkably high performing, collaborative team of engineers who thrive on the business impact of their work. With strong team support and significant freedom and self direction, you will experience the wealth of interesting, challenging problems that only a high growth startup can provide. At an exciting point in a strong growth trajectory, our client has venture funding from leading investors, premier customers like Coca-Cola, Kimberly-Clark, Mars and Nestle, and a transformational value proposition.
- Work in fast-paced environment to help generate ideas and quickly turn them into robust, well-tested, functioning code (including but not limited to Java)
- Operate in a modified scrum environment where we spec, estimate, and divide up work as a team and then manage ourselves independently
- Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
- Produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects in the time promised
- Perform unit and system level testing on their application and all affected systems
- Implement all aspects of an application design including but not limited to: high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, state management, error logging, scalability, environment configuration, proper testing procedures, naming standards and all other aspects of good application design and development
- Strong ability to self-regulate and problem solve through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; maintains realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
- Connects their code to the business problems being solved and translates effectively across business and technical boundaries; motivated to learn about and impact a new market
- Strongly collaborative and excels on a focused team
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of software development experience; object oriented design skills and knowledge of website design and usability
- Strong Java skills
- Experience delivering enterprise software strongly preferred
- Proficient in SQL
- Hibernate and/or Spring experience preferred
- Experience with Amazon Web Service Products (EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Data Pipeline, and EMR or other Hadoop) or similar cloud computing service nice to have
- Experience with Google Cloud (AWS, Azure) is a plus
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
This position will be based in Chicago, IL