Description Our Client, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the worlds health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives. We are developing tools and devices to collect, organize and activate health data, and creating interventions to prevent and manage disease. Our team combines expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and more to create interventions that exponentially improve patient care. We partner with leading life sciences, medical device and government organizations to enable fast development, meaningful advances, and deployment at scale. This role focuses on our data platform for genomics, biomedical, and clinical researchers and scientists, to support storing, sharing, and analyzing health-relevant data at unlimited scale. As part of the Data Platform team, you will help develop and shape these tools. Responsibilities
Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Design, implement and launch highly-visible, partner and end user-facing features.
Design and develop large scale web applications.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
5+ years of experience in web application development.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
5+ years of experience developing user-facing software.
Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, Polymer and Closure.
Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
VIEW JOBS11/11/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-09T00:00Principal Software Engineer - DevOps
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day.
Working in the DellEMC Dojo is fast paced andexhilarating. Developersat DellEMC Dojo work in pairs, employing an Extreme Programming (XP) style of execution designed to make shorter development and release cycles. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Someone that values "team" and leverages the opinions and expertise of their teammates to deliver working, quality code. Each individual values quality and pursues the proof of quality by consistently writing tests.
To be successful in this role the candidate will have a combination of skills and interests in the following:
* Self-Motivated, Enthusiastic, Energetic and Passionate about technology and working as a part of a team.
* Ability and Open Mindedness to quickly learn about new development methodologies and cutting edge technologies
* Solid understanding of programming logic and patterns and the ability to learn new programming languages and patterns quickly
* Strong communication skills and an ability to articulate technical vision while understanding business requirements, with the ability to debate and collaborate with other team members.
* Ability to work closely with other developers as part of a team or minimally, in a paired environment for 8 hours each day
* Experience or interest in DevOps
* Knowledge of the cloud and deployment expectations and complexities. Developers should be capable of deploying application 'bits' to cloud environments.
* Additionally, candidates could benefit from experience with system administration, UNIX, process management, deployment technologies.
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years experience or equivalent
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Engineering-Development Graduates Job ID: R77345
VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00Principal Software Engineer
At Blueprint Medicines, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
Blueprint Medicines is a progressive and fast-growing revolutionary life sciences company who is using a deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases. We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA to act as a major contributor in multiple areas to help us grow and mature our software systems that are smart, user-centric and measurable. This is a rare opportunity for a skilled, personable and motivated technologist to work in the heart of cutting-edge science at an amazing organization.
* Be a key part of the design, architecture and implementation of systems to enable Blueprint's success
* Collaborate closely with scientists and other business stakeholders to understand their challenges, then provide solutions
* Build, maintain and expand user-friendly web applications using best practices and modern technology
* Build, maintain and expand robust back-end services, APIs, tooling, and databases that are scalable, highly performant and secure
* Coordinate, automate and manage data flows between various external and internal science-oriented lab systems using ETL and inter-process/application information exchanges
* Act as a resource/mentor for colleagues
* Lead and manage initiatives using processes that promote successful outcomes
Must Have Qualifications:
* Proven track record of building well architected systems that are high performing, scalable, and secure
* Strong in-depth experience building full stack J2EE applications
* Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases
* Unit and automated functional test development
* Exposure to writing user-friendly responsive web interfaces
* A strong partner who listens actively and invites response and discussion
* Able to manage their priorities and projects, and work and communicate effectively with others
* Able to thrive within a strong multi-disciplinary team culture
* Minimum 6+ years of hands on technical experience and bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to Have Qualifications:
* Experience using Java frameworks such as Play and Spring
* Experience with Oracle (PL/SQL), MySQL and Couchbase databases
* Experience with natural language processing and machine learning technologies
* Familiarity with Apache Spark, Hadoop, R, and Tibco Spotfire
* Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines' mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don't think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.
Blueprint Medicines CorporationCambridgeMA
VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00Job Description
We are a team of Software Developers and Test Engineers within IBM Watson Health Imaging. We are empowered to build the first generation of cognitive / AI software applications and services that will make health care professionals and physicians work more efficient.
We design and develop products using IBM Watson Health Imaging's quality management system; we follow industry best practices including Agile methodologies; we participate in the entire software development lifecycle (define, design, develop, integration, deployment, maintenance, support, etc.); we work with other software professionals, customers, business partners, medical practitioners and industry professionals; we foster collaboration, innovation, continual improvement and professionalism.
* Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams (development, product management, quality assurance, research, etc.) to understand requirements, processes and customer needs.
* Understand product and offering requirements and be able to design high-level software engineering tasks to meet those requirements; implement the engineering tasks that result in code and deliverables that meet the requirements.
* Write, maintain, modify and support software code; create unit, acceptance and integration tests for software code; use build and deployment processes (CI/CD) to promote code to staging and production environments; manage and maintain deployments of software and operational platforms and environments (DevOps).
* Define and implement code across entire stack from back-end databases, content processing pipelines and frameworks, middle-tier application and business logic, to end-user interfaces and UIs.
* Track work, completion of tasks using Agile, Scrum and/or Lean methodologies including issue tracking systems; follow documented software development processes.
* Follow software engineering practices such as Agile, Enterprise Design Thinking and quality and design control processes typical to developers of medical devices and regulated industries.
* We are looking for self-motivated and driven candidates that are passionate about working on cutting edge technologies and that thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
Required Technical Skills and Education:
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related area
* 3 years of software development experience in a high-performance, complex, cross-functional software development environment.
* Proven programming skills (Java/J2EE) and experience with software systems architecture, web services, web applications, and current software development tools, technologies and frameworks such as object-oriented design, Git, Docker, DevOps, CI/CD frameworks, etc.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
Preferred Technical Skills and Education:
* Hands-on experience with Agile methodology; Experience with microservice architecture and multi-tiered software architectures.
* Experience working with medical imaging, medical devices, common healthcare information protocols and standards such as HL7, FHIR, DICOM, XDS and/or IHE; working with healthcare systems and platforms such as PACS, EMR, EHR, HIS and/or RIS.
* Interest or experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (A), and Data Analytics and complex visualizations.
* Experience with Radiology