Primary Care Sales Specialist - Queens & Nassau
Dealmed Medical Supplies
Queens , NY 11366
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As a Medical Sales Consultant, you will sell disposable medical supplies, equipment, and medications to independent physician offices within the Queens & Nassau primary care market.
- Travel locally each day throughout Queens and Nassau.
- Win new business by cold calling and earning referrals from existing customers.
- Further product penetration within existing customers to become their sole supplier.
- Ability to uncover and identify existing and/or potential issues & inefficiencies within each account, and offer potential solutions to each, in a consultative sales approach.
- Develop a strong working relationship with each contact within every customer.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand general medical knowledge and disease states.
Typical Day-to-Day Duties:
- In person visits of up to 20 physician offices.
- Use company CRM to enter daily activity, track goals, and maintain a sales call schedule.
- Communicate with each customer and assist with all customer service-related tasks.
- Deliver supply and equipment price quotes to current and prospective customers.
- Prepare and provide sales & marketing material, based on practice specialty type.
- Quickly follow up by responding to company and customer requests within the hour.
- Monitor the competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations.
- Candidate must have a vehicle and be able to travel locally on a daily basis. (90% on the road).
- Must be a fast learner, able to work on his/her own with limited managerial oversight.
- Excellent customer service skills, prospecting skills, presentation skills, and closing skills.
- Motivated to meet and exceed sales quotas.
- The ability to build a customer base within an assigned territory on his/her own.
- Candidate must be self-confident, self-motivated, self-diagnostic, and self-correcting.
- Candidates must have excellent communications skills including: talking, writing, and presenting.
- Knowledge and experience in the medical supply industry is not a must (but it is a plus).
Dealmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.