Primary Care Sales Specialist - Brooklyn
Dealmed Medical Supplies
Brooklyn , NY 11210
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The sales of medical supplies to physician offices, clinics and urgent care centers in the New York City market. The job requires the sales rep to travel locally on a daily basis in and around New York City and:
- Pursue new business using cold-calls, referrals, and leads.
- Develop a solid working relationship with customers and prospects.
- Not afraid to maximize business from accounts utilizing a consultative sales approach
- Familiar with medical supplies, and work well on his/her own.
- Be familiar with the NYC healthcare scene.
Typical Day-to-Day Duties:
- Initiate and establish new accounts
- Planning and organizing daily work schedule.
- Communicating frequently with customers and prospects regarding, quotes, orders, pricing, and opportunities.
- Prepare sales material and sales strategy on a daily basis by studying the type of customer calling, competitors, and new product opportunities.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential medical supply purchases of current and prospective customers.
- Communicate with customers and prospects by referring to price lists, tech sheets, product literature etc. and the ability to complete all this while on the "road" with limited data and support.
- Actively pursue new sales opportunities within the territory.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, techniques, etc.
- Communicate daily with the sales support team to ensure that accounts and prospects are being handled according to companies high standards.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations.
- Candidate must have a vehicle and be able to travel locally on a daily basis. (90% on the road)
- Must be a fast learner, able to work on his/her own with limited managerial oversight.
- Excellent customer service skills, prospecting skills, presentation skills, and closing skills.
- Motivated to meet and exceed sales quotas
- The ability to build a customer base within an assigned territory on his/her own.
- Candidate must be self-confident.
- Candidates must have excellent communications skills including: talking, writing, and presenting.
- Knowledge of the medical supply industry is not a must (but it is a plus)
Dealmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.