The position is responsible for locating the materials/sheets allocated to particular jobs and loading them into the press. The helper will ink up a multiple color press as well as wash up a multiple color press (in the case of offset). Additionally, the helper must hang plates on semi-automatic and fully manual plate hanging systems (in the case of offset). The helper must be flexible in regard to executing and assisting the pressman in a variety of tasks as directed. This operation will provide Post Printing Operations with finished printed sheets for further processing or the Printing Operations (Screen or Litho) partially printed sheets that need additional print runs.
1.Understands the location and function of all emergency stops on the machine.
2.Interprets and follows the schedule generated by Printing Manager and/or PrintFlow.
3.Identify and obtain sheets for a specific job.
4.Identify and obtain correct inks for the specific job.
5.Load and unload sheets into various presses.
6.Ink up and wash up multicolor presses and/or screen presses.
7.Perform functions as prescribed in the daily checklist.
8.Adhere to all CPI Audit Security requirements including counting and documenting the disposition of all sheets issued to and from the operation as applicable.
9.Prepares the press by mixing and filling fountain solutions (offset only), loading and setting the feeder, hanging plates (offset only) and setting sheet detection and make ready for next job
10. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
11. Keeps materials, supplies, product carts, and any other supplies needed to be stocked in the department and notifies Press Manager (or designated personnel) of any inventory order needs.
12. Maintains acceptable productivity, quality, service, spoilage, security, and safety goals.
13. Conducts self in a respectful and professional manner with a focus on teamwork, quality, and timeliness at all times.
14. Logs time, production transactions, Quality Self Inspection entries, and audit transactions properly in the ERP system.
1.High school education or equivalent.
2.Solid detail and decision making skills in order to set up equipment check product quality and make adjustments to meet customer deadlines and requirements.
3.Solid mechanical aptitude with the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, supplies, and tools.
4.Solid math skills to be able to compute percentages, weights, and measures.
5.Ability to follow/interpret complex written and oral instructions and specifications
6.Must be security and safety oriented.
7.Must be reliable through good attendance, punctuality, and cooperation.
8.Must be able to lift materials up to 50 lbs.
CPI Card Group Inc