Childcare Professional Staffing
Riverton , NJ 08077
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Fishtown School is seeking a head teacher/teacher assistant in our brand-new beautiful daycare facility. The goal of our program is to instill a lifelong love of learning in our students. We are a small boutique daycare center (23 children total) and are seeking loving and dedicated teachers who can understand and embrace each childs needs and will help foster their individual growth. Our teachers must be highly qualified childhood educators who use their creativity to design unique lesson plans to be implemented in the classrooms in fun and imaginative ways. We are seeking full-time head teachers that will bring their creative and professional interpersonal skills to the children, families, and staff as part of our team.
This is your chance to make a difference in our students' lives and set a standard of excellence in early childhood education!
- Arrive each day with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Implement school programs and policies as well as state licensing requirements.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment.
- Write and implement daily age-appropriate lesson plans.
- Support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance.
- Establish and maintain positive open communication with families as well as fellow teachers.
- Commitment to professionalism.
- Participate in staff and training meetings.
- Recognize and embrace serving as a role model to our young students.
- Consistent communication with teachers and parents to ensure consistent, high-quality care.
- Keep records of each childs progress, interests, and any problems that may occur.
- Help ensure a smooth, daily transition from home to a daycare center.
- Respond quickly and effectively to childrens needs.
- Clean interactive areas throughout the day.
- Discuss pupils academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with the director and participate in parent conferences.
- Assist with field trips.
- Organize mealtime and snack time for children.
- Review and carry out health plans as needed for dietary needs, allergies, etc.
- Diaper changing of infants and toddlers as well as toilet training support, as needed.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- A bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or the human services field.
CDA Certification and one year of experience working with children
- An associates degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or the human services field, and two years of experience with children.
- Professional development assistance