Childcare Professional Staffing
Fort Lauderdale , FL 33322
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Nob Hill is a caring and positive atmosphere, we create a warm and happy place for children to learn and grow. As we bridge the gap from home to school, we guide children to a continued good self-image while building social skills in a school setting. Sensory, motor, perpetual, and language skills are introduced through materials and activities which are both child-centered and teacher-directed. Based on the theory children learn through play, classroom routines encourage active involvement, meaningful experimentation, and reinforcement through repetition. Recognizing that children grow in unpredictable stages, we treat each child as an individual.
Lead teacher responsibilities:
- Responsible for doing lesson plans.
- Follow classroom schedule and maintain room arrangement.
- Identify barriers to learning and report to the Director or the curriculum specialist.
- Assist with family style food service.
- Maintain positive relationships with families, address concerns to parents.
- Promote feelings of trust and security in the program.
- Keep classroom and hallway bulletin boards looking fresh and inviting.
- Simple daily housecleaning duties in each classroom.
- Greet participants and guests warmly and enthusiastically each day.
- Maintain safe, clean environment, teaching and modeling good hygiene skills.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings scheduled.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all personal information regarding children, families and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work and communicate effectively and collaboratively with a diverse population.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members, to accept supervision and to help promote a positive environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including clear speech enunciation, and accurate spoken English grammar that can serve as a good model for children who are developing their language skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to present to groups and individuals about the organizations mission.
- Warm nurturing attitude.
- Friendly, inviting, self-motivated, even-tempered and adaptable.
- Vacation Paid
- Health Insurance
- Personal Days
- Children tuition discount.