Westchester , NY 14620
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
What we do
Specialty Staffing is a hospitality company servicing a multitude of facilities in the tri-state area. We are committed to providing service with style that exceeds expectations, and act as the solution to our client's needs. Picture a Hilton Hotel in need of skilled staff to operate their weddings; we ensure the event will run successfully from the state of the hotel rooms down to the ceremony, we cover it all.
Prep Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Perform routine kitchen tasks.
- Follow the prep list created to plan duties.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep.
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Undertake basic cooking duties, such as reducing sauces and parboiling food.
- Prepare simple dishes, such as salads and entrees.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash.
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Prep Cook Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Organizational skills
- Manual dexterity
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Training from a culinary school is an asset
- Proven experience as a prep cook