Joey Restaurant Group
Houston , TX 77001
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
JOEY Restaurants is proud to be expanding! With 29 locations across North America and counting, we are thrilled to bring The JOEY Restaurant Group to Houston, Texas in 2021.
With this expansion comes the opportunity to invite new talent to join our team. We are looking for the best and brightest individuals to join a remarkable team of culinary leaders and restaurateurs to continue the JOEY legacy as we open our first location in Texas.
We offer industry-leading compensation varying with position, skillset, and relevant experience.
- Cooks earn $15.00 to $25.00/hour.
Covid- related federal unemployment benefits end in Texas on June 26th so secure your dream job now!
Our Team is Interviewing for Cooks (All Stations):
As a Cook at JOEY
You will acquire and refine the skills, knowledge, experience, and confidence needed to become a world-class cook and culinary leader. Get cooking in the first chapter of Chefdom, where each step depends on the last. Learn knife technique and kitchen discipline to move up the line: appetizer and salad, saut and wok, grill, oven, call, and finish. Experience welcome but not necessary.
- Exude professionalism and genuine warmth and care towards guests and fellow partners.
- Prep all ingredients and food products to fulfill prep lists, par levels, and recipe standards.
- Utilize various prep and cooking methods to ensure the quick, precise creation of our menu items in accordance with JOEY recipes. Wash, chop, cut, grill, roast, saut, fry, etc. Coordinate with other stations.
- Maintain prep and cooking areas in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner.
- Clean, organize, and maintain refrigerators, cooler drawers, ovens, prep and dry storage areas, etc.
- Complete assigned side work and closing duties to set your team up for success. Stock, clean, and organize line stations.
- Comply with all required food handling and workplace safety procedures.
- Follow all instructions and guidelines for safe usage of kitchen equipment and cleaning compounds. Report equipment problems and maintenance issues to leadership immediately.
Other Back of House Opportunities:
- Sous Chefs
- Chef In-Training
JOB ID: TEXLP
Take Your Culinary Career to the Next Level at JOEY Restaurants:
Culinary leaders at JOEY dont just run a kitchen they cook shoulder to shoulder with some of the most dedicated, driven, and creative people in the industry. How do we know? Because we helped them get there.
Education and Experience
- 1+ years hospitality experience in a kitchen.
- You are a leader and mentor. Others look up to you.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of creating world-class hospitality experiences.
- Successful leaders at JOEY are genuine, warm, and caring.
- You are comfortable providing and receiving feedback to achieve performance excellence.
- Strong passion to succeed and willing to learn and be coached by others.
- Natural problem solver with an insatiable desire to impact performance.
- Possess exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- Encourage healthy competition within your team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Practice humility coupled with a good sense of humor.
- Take pride in presenting a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Food Handler permit.
- Career development, education, and growth opportunities through the JOEY apprentice program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for eligible partners
- Discounted partner shift meals
- 10% discount for self and guests on all food/drink when visiting any JOEY location
- Referral bonus program
- Culinary competitions and rewards
*JOEY Restaurants is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.