Manchester , NH 03101
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under minimal supervision, the Premium Auditor is responsible for visiting insureds or accountants, in an assigned territory, to perform physical inspections of payroll/financial records to determine the final earned premium on expired policies. In addition, the Premium Auditor provides expert opinion on the proper classificationof insureds. The Premium Auditor will audit more complex risks requiring a high degree of technical communication skills.
- Performs premium audits within an assigned geographic territory, maintaining high quality with timely service.
- Verifies all audits with state and federal filings.
- Maintains favorable relationships with insureds, agents, and other company personnel. Takes prompt, customer-focused action to resolve complaints/audits disputes and report and problems to Director of Premium Audit that may require attention.
- Submits activity reports, expense accounts, and any other reports as required by management.
- Visits producers and agents to discuss problems/opportunities.
- Transmits audit electronically in a timely fashion.
- Assists in training of new Premium Auditors.
- Assists Premium Audit Manager with special projects.
- May require expert witness for bureau hearings and disputes.
- May review contract fee audit work for quality assurance and billing
- This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in accounting, finance or insurance field (audit experience preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.