Pre-Construction Manager / Senior Estimator
Fort Lauderdale , FL 33301
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Pre-Construction Manager / Senior Estimator
Responsible leading the preconstruction team on new project pursuits as well as to meet the contract requirements including, but limited to preparing budgets, estimates, and pre-bid packages for construction projects. Responsibilities also include working with the Management Team and project staff with establishing bidders list, soliciting and evaluating subcontractor proposals and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys, scheduling, reviewing project plans and specifications for constructability and value engineering and negotiating with trade contractors and clients
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the preconstruction team to deliver preconstruction services including budgeting, scheduling, organizing and defining roles and responsibilities with input from the Vice President of Operations.
- Builds and facilitates collaborative team processes among project participants (i.e. contractor, owner/developer, design professionals, and subcontractors) during the preconstruction phase.
- Supervises, directs, and mentors preconstruction staff to ensure individual development.
- Develops and maintains business relationships to increase contract opportunities.
- Prepares, reviews and evaluates takeoffs and estimates.
- Develops and maintains a database of historical costs data and normalizes data for current projects.
- Prepares accurate conceptual, schematic, design development and GMP budgets and cost estimates based on historic cost data and/or subcontractor input as appropriate.
- Provides consultative guidance on constructability, schedule, phasing, and staffing.
- Analyzes project program, design, costs, and subcontractor input and provide comparisons, cost savings, value engineering options, and other recommendations.
- Builds and manages subcontractor relationships; facilitates bids and presentations.
- Develops RFI's and clarifications and ensures adequate subcontractor coverage.
- Creates bid lists that fit scope of projects, ensuring that we have the right subs for the projects.
- Properly turns over bid documents and sub buyout information to project team in a timely manner.
- Reviews drawings with project management team and highlight areas of concern.
- Provides input for preliminary design scope, including constructability reviews and preliminary budgets.
- Seeks and manages the prequalification new subcontractors.
- Reviews and understands all bid documents and assesses project risks.
- Compares and analyzes competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Reviews estimates with the company leaders and project management team.
- Prepares or assist with the preparation of bid/proposal packages.
- Solicits vendor and subcontractor pricing/proposals.
- Performs site surveys and attends pre-bid/construction meetings.
- Develops accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with the project management team’s assistance.
- Assists the project management team in soliciting and analyzing subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
- Assist with negotiations with owners and subcontractors.
- Ability to manage, motivate, assess and train other preconstruction team members.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with high energy and a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret architectural and engineering drawings with accuracy and translate design information into applied methods and materials in the field for successful completion of the project.
- Understands project logistics and project schedules.
- Must have strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Must be highly proficient with interpreting plans and specifications.
- Must be having good communication and interpersonal qualities.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field
- 15+ years of experience in pre-construction and estimating on commercial construction projects
- 3+ years of management experience
- Possess good organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to estimate all aspects of a commercial construction project, assemble into one budget, and present to owners.
- Must be able to view things from a construction business owner’s perspective and present accordingly.
- Strong construction computer software skills including the ability to use construction estimating software, scheduling, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient with PlanSwift, iSqFt, Pipeline, ProEst or other estimating and bid management software.