Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Consultative Search Group
Los Angeles , CA 90005
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Global law firm seeks a Practice Manager to join their Los Angeles team.This position is responsible for all client budgeting, outside counsel guideline compliance, financial performance management, and day-to-day administration. This is a client-facing role and the ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, high degree of attention to detail, and strong client service skills. The Practice Manager will have a keen understanding of how pricing models, profitability, margins, bill rates and time investments are to be incorporated into budgeting and estimating. Equally important is understanding how billing procedures and outside counsel guidelines interplay with the budgeting process. The Practice Manager will demonstrate a thorough understanding of key administrative functional areas and the ability to partner with colleagues in Accounting, Billing and Collections, Pricing, Client Development, Talent Development, and Work Coordination/Staffing personnel.
- Assist with budget preparation and updates, work plans, scope changes, accruals, tracking and reporting both internally and externally;
- Oversee all vendor/third party budgets, accruals, tracking and reporting;
- Develop pricing and fee arrangements for client proposals;
- Review and understands billing guidelines for all healthcare clients. Ensure that all invoices are in compliance with clients Outside Counsel Guidelines. Assist in reviewing bills and ensuring time narratives comply with established guidelines and protocols;
- Work closely with legal operations professionals at clients; and
- Monitor and track all fee arrangements;
- Monitor financial performance and identify issues with respect to realization, leverage, utilization and inventory;
- Evaluate and analyze client outside counsel guidelines with respect to their likely impact on financial performance;
- Assist with workload management/utilization through ongoing communication with partners in the group and staffing personnel. Maintain workload reports and raises productivity issues as appropriate; and
- Work closely with the partners and associates and counsel in the group on matter management, with a goal of improved profitability.
- Support the Practice Group Leader in implementing strategic initiatives and overseeing the daily operations of the group;
- Coordinate with practice leadership to handle logistics for group meetings, create agenda and prepare and circulate meeting summaries;
- Minimum of 5 years of practice management and/or financial analysis experience, ideally within a law firm or professional services organization;
- Strong technology skills especially with Microsoft Excel, but including PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Experience using Elite 3E is beneficial; and
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting; MBA preferred.