Posting Specialist - Carolinasdentist, Fayetteville, NC
Light Wave Dental
Fayetteville , NC 28301
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Posting Specialist communicates with insurance companies, claims auditors and other team members in the practices to ensure that all insurance payments are posted in a timely manner. This position is responsible for handling all insurance payments including: checks, Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs), and credit cards as well as making payment transfers and adjustments to ledgers as required to arrive at an accurate reflection of patient ledgers.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Accurately post all insurance payments received by the end of the following business day
- Use daily emails received from accounting to pull corresponding EOBs for EFTs and upload into the corresponding Dropbox folder
- Keep Dropbox folders organized and accurately labeled with the correct information (date, amount, separated folders, etc.)
- Ensure all payments posted balance according to email received from accounting and payments uploaded into Dropbox
- Send a daily email with all information from posting that day including but not limited to: daily payment report, amount posted, additional information that needs to be submitted, overpayments, appeals needed, fee schedule inaccuracies, secondaries to be sent, etc.
- Complete payment transfers that correspond to insurance payments posted
- Complete adjustments that correspond to insurance payments posted such as x-ray adjustments for x-rays denied due to frequency
- Posting online patient payments to Open Dental for assigned locations (CHS, Cardpointe, PayConnect)
- Complete Under $25 and Other Account Type Billing Report for assigned locations monthly
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 - 3 years experience with dental insurance
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to use sound judgement, demonstrate independent thinking, and provide recommendations to manager
- Ability to collaborate and demonstrate a teamwork approach to job responsibilities
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, dependability and promptness
- Ability to perform frequent repetitive work with attention to detail
- Ability to exercise confidentiality with patients, patient care and team members
- Knowledge and extensive experience with dental insurance
We offer a great benefits package to include health and dental benefits, 401K, holiday pay and vacation.