Greenzone Solutions, Inc.
Washington , DC 20001
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is seeking a PostgreSQL DBA who will support our federal clients data programs through engineering and administration of the clients databases. This is a proposal opportunity. The customer is looking for a Sr DBA to help define and implement improvements around their DBA processes, data migrations and assist in future deployments into AWS.
- Maintain and optimize performance of the PostgreSQL Database as well as scale performance
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS environment.
- Develop, manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity.
- Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Proactively monitor and tune for performance.
- Bachelors degree with concentration in Business, IT, Engineering, or other related field
- 7 or more years of experience working in a DBA capacity
- High-level of proficiency with PostgreSQL
- Expert knowledge of PL/PgSQL, triggers, and stored procedure development and optimization in PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of master/slave architecture for replication, backups, and scale-out capabilities, spreading the load to increase performance and failover alleviation
- Experience in database migration and AWS cloud architecture and migrations
- Ability to develop and generate data models and DDL
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience working with at least one other database such as Maria DB, SQL Server, Oracle, and Sybase
- Knowledge of NIST, FISMA, and other federal security directives
- Ability to provide off-hours support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.