Po/Pp/Pe Application Development Engineer
Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A.
Point Comfort , TX 77978
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This Application Development Engineer/ Technical Service position is responsible to develop new or improved end-use applications for polyolefins resins on various types of converting machines, and provide effective assistance to customers and internal business groups in order to facilitate polyolefins resin sales.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop and deliver new and improved products and applications in a timely manner to generate value creation and/or cost saving; improve the competitiveness of our product portfolio and product quality to meet customers’ needs; and work closely with customers to be a solution provider.
- Provide technical support to the Operating Units which will enable the Unit to achieve smooth operation, manufacture high-quality products and avoid unscheduled process interruptions.
- React with expediency and accuracy to determine the root cause of customer problems and provide remote assistance to resolve. Recommend improvements to product specifications and their quality measurement. Handle customer complaints utilizing analyses of customer and retain samples and production histories and make resolution recommendations. Provide expertise targeted at improving and strengthening internal and external customer relationships to facilitate sales and business.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED: MINIMUM COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR PRIOR TRAINING:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree preferably in Chemical Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Polymer/Materials Sciences and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or a closely related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum 5 years of plastic processing, product/application development and/or customer interface preferably in polyolefins. A strong background in polymer chemistry/physics, structure-property relationships, polymer processing, additive formulations, analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Hands on skills on plastic fabrication processing, such as injection molding, thermoforming, blow molding, pipe/film/fiber/sheet extrusions.
- Technical writing and oral communication skills. Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills are required. Multilingual skills with proficiency in English and Spanish are preferred.
- This job requires frequent domestic and international travels sometimes on short notice.
- Acute judgements are required based on constant alertness, diligence and attention to details, sometimes under physical and stressful circumstances and/or in emergencies.
- Must be able to work in a rapid-paced changing environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and customer service; behave professionally; treat others with respect and dignity.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.