PM Pastry Cook - Ludlow House
Soho House & Co.
New York , NY 10002
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position will be responsible for overseeing the daily management of the pastry department and for assisting the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in planning, organizing and managing Kitchen Department according to company policies and NYS standards. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Overseeing daily operations of pastry and the kitchen, including staff.
- Manages staff in all aspects including, recruiting, training, and coordinating weekly schedules, payroll, and disciplinary procedures.
- Ensuring proper and smooth food service, managing employees performance.
- Managing placing orders, receiving deliveries for stock and inventory.
- Providing professional leadership and direction to kitchen staff.
- Ensuring that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet Company standards and commitment to quality.
- Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen.
- Leads by example, using proper food-handling techniques.
- Trains and guides staff to Company and NYS sanitation guidelines.
- Train and develop pastry staff to Company standards.
- Actively participates as a member of the management team in decision making processes, attending required meetings, etc.
- Delegates work to staff throughout shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- A Culinary Degree preferred and a minimum of 4+ years related experience.
- Must have 4+ years related experience in food & beverage operations with a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation.
- Food Serve Safe certification.
- Knowledge of NYS sanitation regulations.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
- Must have supervisory, coaching and staff development experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 30 pounds on occasion and 15 pounds regularly.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation.
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employee's have sick day's + vacation days