Play To Learn Childcare - Childcare Teacher
HR For The Culture
Stamford , CT 06901
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you ready to begin a career in Early Childhood Education with a team that has a lot of fun and loves to make a difference? Do you have a passion for children and teaching? Our childcare center is looking for people like you to join our team!
We are open for Full-time and Part-time applicants!
About the Job:
The Childcare Teacher will be responsible for maintaining a positive and appropriate educational environment and creating a program that meets the intellectual needs of all our children. The ChildcareTeacher will work alongside the Director to ensure our program provides education, physical health, and emotional well-being to all enrolled students.
What you'll be doing:
- Create a developmentally appropriate program for our students
- Ensure the safety of all the children in the program
- Develop monthly themes, lesson plans, and class set-ups
- Propose creative ways to encourage new teaching techniques and learning experiences
- Assess childrens individual needs and development
- Work closely with families to encourage mutual cooperation and partnership
- Provide guidance and instructional support to classroom teachers
- Assist in resolving conflicts with students and appropriate standards of discipline and behavior standards
- Closely follow CT state licensing regulations related to child care and operations
- You have 3+ years of experience teaching children 6 weeks to 5 years in a childcare setting.
- You have an associate's degree in a subject related to work with children; a CDA is preferred, pursuing an Associate or CT Teaching Credential.
- You have a proven ability to work effectively and professionally with adults, children, and parents
- Demonstrated skills in effective communication, both written and verbally
- You maintain a positive attitude and language for an ideal learning experience
- You are a provider of a high-energy teaching environment.
- You have the ability to keep any confidential information.
- Outstanding capability to keep calm in every situation.
- You have a keen eye for details and corrections.
- You are able to transport documents/equipment weighing up to 40 pounds occasionally, and actively wander around to tidy up classrooms
- Growth opportunities- We are expanding this year!
- Bi-weekly pay and 401k options are available
- Full-time hours and two set shift schedules
- 1-week paid vacation- We believe in taking care of yourself
- Fun team-building meetings and parties
- Monthly free breakfast & lunches provided
- Earn your CDA for free through our online network!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Play to Learn Childcare is committed to fostering diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made on the basis of business needs, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.'