Plastic Surgery-Registered Nurse/Clinical Manager
Radianthire Solutions Inc.
Rochester , NY 14602
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Position Title: Registered Nurse/Clinical Manager-Plastic Surgery
Are you are an experienced RN that has successfully managed a team and is looking to align with a top notch clinical team that is among one of the best in the field, if so this may be the opportunity for you! Our client has a rare opening to join their progressive team.
RN is responsible for performing clinical and technical procedures for the clinical practice.RN will manage the clinical team, collaborate with marketing as well as other divisions.
RN is responsible for pre-operative teaching and testing.RN is responsible for ensuring surgical charts are complete with all notes, testing, clearance, labs, EKG's as applicable, and photos.RN is responsible for taking care of all types of post-operative patients.This is a full time position that requires approximately 60% of time standing/walking and about 40% of time sitting. No heavy lifting is involved.RN will also hold the role of clinical manager as well.
- RN Licensure from accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- CPR certified
- 2+ years experience as a RN in the field of medicine
- 2 + years experience in Management
- Understands proper way to educate patients, assess learning response
- Ability to assess patient and identify medical needs/concerns and the ability to communicate this to supervisory MD or NP provider
- Ability to answer all post-operative phone calls, handle medical-legal paperwork such as FMLA forms, disability forms and return to work forms
- Ability to triage patients
- Knowledge and ability to remove sutures, drains, and dressings with thorough physical assessment skills
- Ability to identify infection or hematoma
- Training in basic clinical/medical procedures
- Basic computer operating knowledge-Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic knowledge of working with camera/downloading information into computer
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential patient information
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and patients
- Ability to follow precise direction, instructions, and system protocols.
- Ability to provide friendly, timely service to all patients with questions or concerns.
- Ability to take direction and follow through on assignments and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist physician in seeing post-op, follow-up, and new patients
- Remove sutures, change dressings, remove JP drains, and remove staples
- Take new patient photos and enter demographics into database
- Ability to use Nextech for making appointments, checking on appointments, adding notes and in general, good understanding of all Nextech functioning
- Return patient phone calls with answers to inquiries for any reason
- Full understanding of all injectables and ability to teach patients about these products
- Notify patients of benign pathology results
- Track patient concerns
- Perform preoperative teaching for all surgical patients
- Obtain blood work or EKGs, review results, and obtain EKG with NP interpretation
- Coordinate with patients PCP or specialist in obtaining lab work, cardiac work-up and/or clearance on patients before surgery
- Prepare surgical charts, ensure chart has all labs, work-ups, appropriate paperwork and photos needed
- Troubleshoot schedule conflicts with clinical team for all MD schedules
- Clean and sterilize instruments during clinical day along with other team members; clean rooms at end of clinical day as needed with other team members
- Responsible for periodically updating clinical forms including pre and post-operative packets
- Directly involved in continually improving our paperwork and communication with patients
Management Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise all clinical staff
- Supervise and effectively manage each clinical day for all physicians and the nurses schedule
- Review and approve staffs payroll each week
- Review staffs performance and write evaluations, recommendations and plan for growth
- Submit I-STOP every week for all of the prescriptions written for narcotics
- Attend to medical legal requests for chart notes, labs etc., from various attorneys, agencies and insurances
- Attend regular meetings with the Practice Administrator and Marketing Team as well as other teams within the house
- Hold staff meetings on a monthly basis
- Coordinate with other units
- Assist in the interviewing and hiring of new staff
- Assist in the training of new staff for the clinic; give plan and direction and review
- Distribute monthly calendar for clinical team
- Approve requests for time-off, vacation requests and appointments
- Responsible for updating forms, consents-work with nursing staff
All duties and responsibilities stated are essential job functions. Staff members may be required to perform additional job-related duties as assigned by management.