Job Title: Plant Manager I
Reports to: Director of Specific Product
Supervises: 350 or more employees
Under direction, the Plant Manager plans, directs and controls activities at a subsidiary operation to accomplish budgeted financial objectives. Responsibility extends through all functions of the plant, including production, quality, engineering, human resources, materials and accounting. Plant will either be multi-product and/or complex in Manufacturing.
Coordinates and controls the day to day operational activities of the plant and assumes full plant responsibility during the absence of the product Director.
1.Develops and recommends short and long range objectives consistent with corporate guidelines.
2.Coordinates subsidiary operations and activities with appropriate corporate departments.
3.Maintains appropriate communications within and between various functional areas within the organization.
4.Reviews organizational and manpower plans to ensure they are consistent and adequate for attainment of objectives.
5.Administers salary and personnel policy programs.
6.Administers plant operations within company guidelines pertaining to quality, human relations, customer relations, safety and security.
7.Evaluates forecasts, establishes material and human resource requirements and implements necessary directives for efficient production.
8.Provides grievance and personal counseling and keeps employees informed of policies, procedures and operational changes.
9.Monitors plant activity and takes actions to ensure maximum profitability of plant operations.
10. Administers plant policies to achieve consistency with the policies of Dura Automotive Systems.
11. Establishes and maintains necessary communications and coordination with peers, subordinates, supervisors, vendors, customers, the community and government agencies associated with and/or affected by various plant activities.
12. Maintains a good labor/management relationship.
13. Confers with customers regarding plant procedures and status of programs, projects and operations as they pertain to their particular needs.
14. Exchanges information regarding plant operations with other Dura organization units to correlate and coordinate activities.
15. Evaluates and responds to profit/loss statements, operation reports and performance records to ensure expected performance levels.
16. Determines schedules, forecasts and budgets for plant resources, equipment, supplies, facilities and promotions.
17. Approves all requests for plant capital expenditures, payroll budgets, and financial resources to balance investments with productivity.
18. Ensures proper management development.
1.Completes other projects as assigned by supervisor.
Internal: (31% - 45%) Regular contacts typically occur to coordinate action and
Purpose: communications required to meet key business area commitments that involve controversy where practices, procedures, methods and policies do no necessarily provide precedents and/or judgement in the form of recorded actions and necessary outcomes.
External: (31% - 45%) Regularly conducts significant sales, service and/or business contacts
Education: Bachelors Degree in scientific field
Experience: 10 or more years of related experience.
Additional education can be substituted for experience and vice versa.
Assignments require a thorough knowledge of comprehensive management principles applied through experience or a thorough understanding of scientific principles that require interpretation, modification or development for applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements of personnel as classified.
Dura Automotive Systems