This is a position at our Deer Creek facility.
To get plant cleanliness and organization to a world class condition by assisting in the implementation of LEAN principles including 5S and continuous improvement. Participate in all aspects of designing and assembling fixtures, tables, carts and shop aides.
1.Construct shop aids in support of 5S initiatives. Examples of shop aids are cutting wedges, boxes, trays, etc.
2.Apply labels, paint and tape to flooring, shop aides and other equipment to assist in the organization of department during 5S activities.
3.Actively interface with department personnel regarding continuous improvement efforts including cost saving and safety improvements.
4.Construct and maintain X ray backups.
5.Cut lightweight pipe and wood pieces and assemble with brackets, fittings and castors and then deliver finished component to department as needed.
6.Assist in the design of various fixtures, shop aides and tables as requested.
7.Develop and maintain parts list of material used for each department supported.
8.Installation and maintenance of floor coatings.
9.Managing incoming stores and maintaining stores to control costs.
10. Basic welding, cutting and grinding tasks as assigned.
11. Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment. Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety and health evaluations and programs.
12. Regular and predictable attendance.
13. Required overtime.
14. Performs other tasks as directed.
1.Must have the demonstrated ability to lead a cleaning crew by scheduling tasks to meet deadlines.
2.A minimum of six months experience using a variety of hand and power tools including but not limited to routers and table saws.
3.Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
4.Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions, i.e. on work orders on MP2 work order system.
5.Ability to communicate effectively and coordinate activities with others.
6.Ability to perform basic shop math.
7.Must possess organizational skills in order to organize information and materials and attend to details.
8.A valid drivers license for positions that drive PCC vehicles.
9.Ability to work independently.
10. Ability to lift and or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds without assistance and occasionally up to seventy five pounds in team lifts or with mechanical aid.
Precision Castparts Corporation