Ipex Group Of Companies
Garden City , KS 67846
Posted 1 week ago
IPEX is one of the North American leading providers of advanced plastic piping systems. Our mission is to shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and energy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Plant Engineer. This role is based in our Garden City Plant in Kansas, and reports to the Plant Manager.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a broad family of people-centric professionals, thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters!
We are currently looking for a Plant Engineer to join our Production Team at our IPEX Garden City Plant. The ideal candidate will be looking to expand and grow their leadership skills through collaborative approaches and respect in the workplace. Furthermore, this individual would be responsible for performing highly diversified duties, including supplying technical analyses, system analyses, economic studies and equipment and processes selection scenarios. Responsible for the execution of diverse projects by supplying project management, project supervision assistance, technical conception, and fittings design. Verifies that all engineering requirements adheres to all applicable H.S.E. regulations, laws, and standards (e.g., OHSA, Building Codes, CSA, BSI, ANSI, MOE, MOL, etc.). Furthermore, ensuring all elements of the M.O.S. are being met.
- Ensuring Aliaxis Corporate Continuous Improvement is applied to day to day business/plant projects.
- Safety- First outlook and methodologies.
- Ensure that all aspects of technical support requirements including equipment installation, design, costing, equipment and building maintenance are completed and accurate to meet timelines and stay within budget.
- Responsible for product Research & Development. Communicating with customers and leading customer support requirements, ensuring all areas are met including interpretation of customer supplied drawing related to decision making around plant capabilities as well as requirements that are not standard applications.
- Responsible for execution of plant projects such as: communicating with contractors, reviewing current status against timelines and cost summaries, in order to provide management with up to date status reports and time of completion.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget Develops conception of projects through CAD systems and other relevant software tool packages.
- Engineering skills to design machinery and process/fittings or to continuously improve plant performance. Actively research innovative and cost-effective alternatives to existing manufacturing processes and fitting design, with focus on process automation, consistency and repeatability of results and process.
- Coordinate with relevant certification bodies to ensure that fitting design align with all relevant applicable specification and certifications are optimally acquired.
- Research, prepare and write A.F.E.s for submission of various projects. Initiates the management of change process for plant engineering projects in coordination with the Management Team.
- The incumbent must maintain customer, company, 5S and ISO standards, comply with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, and assist with training/orientation of contractors.
- Work in conjunction with production personnel on machinery/equipment/tooling improvements, which would enhance Quality, Safety and Productivity In the absence of the maintenance manager, assume responsibility for the maintenance department and optimizing the usage of labor and ensuring priorities are followed.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5+ years experience in Project Management A basic working knowledge of plastics manufacturing environment/processes is preferred or recent graduate
- Bachelor of Engineering preferably in Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- Excellent knowledge of computers, MS Office, CAD systems, 3-D perception, machining, and welding.
- Strong analytical and economic analyses skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Background in Health, Safety and Environmental issues related to plant activities
IPEX is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicants accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for IPEX jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact HR at HR@ipexna.com
Please send all resumes to Duriye Kose at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due date: April 29th, 2022
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal applicants should discuss their application with their present manager prior to submission.