Energy Transfer Enid , OK 73702
The Pipeline Integrity Technician (PIT) repairs and maintains all pipeline cathodic protection equipment and performs required surveys to document proper CP system operation. In general, the work is performed independently with minimal supervision. PITs also supervise work crews during projects related to equipment under their cognizance. Must be willing to respond to call-outs on a 24/7 basis and travel as needed to support other PITs and field operations.
1.Perform work safely in accordance with all applicable company standards, policies, and procedures.
2.Ability to identify, use, and maintain various tools and equipment including hand tools, line locators, and specialized CP-related tools and instruments.
3.Current NACE certification.
4.Ability to enter data into the Proactive database and advise supervisor when data indicates the need for system maintenance, repair, or improvement.
5.Ability to work outdoors in extreme environments.
6.Use knowledge of assets and line locator to properly determine the location of company assets to define possible influences from foreign lines and other utilities/structures.
7.Perform chemical injection into active pipelines as required.
8.Perform atmospheric corrosion inspections on exposed pipe.
9.Provide assistance to other PITs and field operations personnel as needed.
10. Process funding requests and coordinate field work on projects needed to maintain pipeline protection.
11. Maintain NACE certification by attending seminars, training, etc...when needed at company expense.
12. Ability to maintain valid drivers license.
13. Perform or assist with maintenance on internal corrosion monitoring coupons and water traps.
14. Perform other duties as directed by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet