Pipelayer - Water, Sewer, And Storm Drain
274 Construction Group, Inc.
Wilmington , NC 28412-6335
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Lead Pipelayer Job Summary
Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement, glue, mastic or rubber gasket.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Lead and initiate dewatering efforts.
- Align pipes in pipeline sections.
- Assist Excavator Operator in digging safely around existing utilities.
- Direct Excavator Operator to pull subgrade and bedding stone to appropriate elevation
- Setup Pipe Grade laser per plans, specifications, and actual elevations to ensure gravity fed pipe is installed correctly.
- Pull out defective or misaligned pipes.
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Pipelayer is responsible for laying storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Grade trenches or culverts.
- Seal joints.
- Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods, transit levels, and pipe laser.
- Cover pipes with dirt or other material.
Qualification and Skills:
- General knowledge of math, including calculating the percent slope of gravity fed pipe.
- Great work ethic
- Reliable and trustworthy with valid NC Drivers license.
- At least 1-year experience laying waterline, sanitary sewer, and storm drain.
- General knowledge of trench shoring methods
- 274 Construction Group, Inc. group offers competitive hourly wages starting at $15/hr and increases with experience and performance to $22/hr.
- Health Insurance and benefits will be offered after 90 days of employment