Now Hiring Pipe Designers! Must be a US Citizen!
Piping Designers are responsible for overseeing and designing the construction of marine crafts and floating structures such as tugs, ships, torpedoes, buoys, floats, barges, submarines, among other structures. They design layout of craft interior, including passenger compartments, ladders, cargo space, and elevators.
• Designs components or portions of Pipe and modifies existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
• Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or Ship Constructor.
• Gathers information, makes studies, computes calculations, and prepares original rough layouts, sketches to present design proposal.
• Coordinates design criteria with engineering, manufacturing, tooling, material, and planning group such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, and contractual specifications.
• Exclude classifications in which incumbents predominantly perform drafting assignments.
• Associate's or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 -6 plus years experience of related experience. A combination of education and experience can be used in lieu of a degree