Employment Status: Full Time
They Physician Practice Manager is to plan, organize, direct, and control the operational and administrative activities of multiple LGMD locations or UHC clinics and specialties to insure effective and efficient operation; direction of all clerical, clinic, and medical staff; establishment and ongoing evaluation of operational policies and procedures, satisfaction assurance, business development and financial management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Conducts and/or approves requests for new hires, wage changes, performance evaluation, disciplinary action and leave of absence.
2.Performs financial analyses of all clinics/practices/locations under assigned scope.
3.Monitors time-keeping and reporting of personnel. Completes payroll timesheets in KRONOS.
4.Insures that work activities and processes are efficiently constructed and monitored.
5.Conducts staff meetings.
6.Motivates and trains assigned staff to interact with patients and clients in a professional, friendly and informative manner.
7.Approves all invoices and evaluates cost savings measures for all expenses.
8.Completes capital and operational budgets.
9.Develops action plans to insure budget goals are met.
10. Insures customer satisfaction issues are identified through satisfaction surveys and addressed timely and appropriately.
11. Conducts department meetings and attends all managers' meetings.
12. Responsible for policies and procedures on all processes/protocols.
13. Assumes other duties as assigned under the direction of the.
14. Develops and monitors compliance with completion of departmental quality control procedures.
15. Insures compliance with Medicare and HCFA regulatory requirements.
16. Insures Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is adhered.
17. Establishes and maintains effective cash management procedures.
18. Monitors supply utilization per established inventory guidelines, vendor invoices for compliance with agreed upon pricing.
19. Insures efficient patient flow through "time studies."
20. Creates policies and procedures to comply with organization and governmental standards.
21. Monitors and makes recommendations on effectiveness of reference lab services (test reliability, reference ranges, courier services and reporting).
22. Monitors payers' contract/fee schedules to ensure accurate reimbursement is received and contract language is being followed.
23. Ensures accurate CPT and ICD-9 coding.
24. Establishes and directs continuous quality improvement to continually evaluate and improve upon all aspects of system utilization and billing operations.
1.Bachelor's degree in a health related field OR a minimum of 5 years management experience in the operation of physician practices/clinics required OR LPN.
2.Demonstrated ability to work effectively with physicians, patients and other medical professionals.
3.Must possess communication skills necessary to interface with physicians, employees, patients, and general public in a tactful, confidential and diplomatic manner.
4.Must have problem solving skills, creativity, initiative, patience, and analytical ability.
5.Experience in finance, accounting, business development and information systems required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as
walking about from patients' rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Lafayette General Health