Piedmont Healthcare Atlanta , GA 30301
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for providing a variety of patient care activities under the supervision of a physician, physician extender, or registered nurse in accordance with established guidelines and standards. Duty assignments vary and include, but are not limited to front office and back office functions.
1.Meets and greets patients;
2.Obtains appropriate patient information and medical history;
3.Accurately completes and documents patient medical and physical histories and other related items in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR);
4.Records vital signs; Performs EKG, spirometry and or other similar non-complex office procedures;
5.Aids the physician, extender, and or nursing staff during treatment, examination, and or testing of patients - may include injections and immunizations;
6.Prepares and maintains examination and treatment areas;
7.Maintains examination/treatment rooms, including inventory of supplies and equipment;
8.Under the supervision of a licensed personnel, distributes educational information and instructions for patient care, diagnostics, and other appropriate treatments;
9.Coordinates telephone requests to refill prescription drug medications in accordance with physician instructions;
10. Advises physician and or nurse of patient's adverse reaction to medication and/or treatment to medication and/or treatment;
11. Attends required meetings, in-services, and participates in committees as required;
12. Practices Standard Precautions, including handwashing and disposal of bio-hazardous materials;
13. Complies with established risk management, HIPAA, and safety procedures;
14. Front office duties to include, but not limited to, registration, cashiering, scheduling appointments, tests, and/or hospital admissions;
15. Performs lab duties; including but not limited to, phlebotomy, order entry, collects specimen, establishes chain of custody if applicable, and labels for delivery to appropriate authority for testing;
16. Schedules procedures;
17. Completes medical and physical history forms and other related information requested by third party payors;
18. Receives incoming telephone calls from patients and responds accordingly, under a physician or other licensed provider's guidance;
19. Notifies patient of their test results as directed by a physician or licensed provider;
20. May be the primary clinical support for a physician;
21. Establishes, organizes, and maintains patient medical record;
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED :
High School diploma or GED.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One year of experience in a medical office setting.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ACLS through the American Heart Association: required as needed by the practice.
School: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or similarly recognized accrediting organization or completion of a Nursing Assistant program.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Certification: Candidate must possess a certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or a similarly recognized certifying organization