Physical Therapy Aide
Performance Optimal Health
Hamden , CT 06514
Posted 1 week ago
Performance Optimal Health is a total health and wellness organization focused on empowering people to live better lives. Through our variety of services offered, we focus on the Four Pillars of Optimal Health exercise, nutrition, recovery, and stress management. We have highly trained professionals that fit into all four categories, ultimately enhancing the client experience. Our brand focuses on quality over quantity and creating the best experience for each client at hand.
This year marks our 20-year anniversary and we are excited to build our Physical Therapy Aide team. As a Physical Therapy Aide, you will partner with our team of highly trained and experienced Physical Therapists. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking, positive, and focused individual who shares the same love for health and wellness as we do here at Performance Optimal Health. Here, you will focus on the client experience and help empower our clients to live better lives by assisting our healthcare professionals. You will play a crucial role in the client experience as well as creating a warm and welcoming environment for all clients, as well as colleagues. Through this role, you will learn and encounter great opportunities to grow and develop personally and professionally.
All candidates interested in going into a professional program of PT, OT, nursing, personal training, nutrition, or overall health and wellness professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for Full-Time therapy aides.
Performance Optimal Health is driven by five main cornerstones that are ever present and inform all actions and decisions regarding how we scale, what direction our business takes, and how we conduct ourselves.
- We care from the core
- We sweat the small stuff
- We are teachers & scholars
- We take ownership
- We huddle
Key Areas of Ownership
- You will be an integral part of the Client Experience and work closely with patients throughout their Optimal Health journey
- You will help create a welcoming, safe environment for patients to receive care and seek out opportunities to elevate their experience through attentive customer service
- You will perform patient related tasks using accepted modalities and procedures geared to progressing patients toward meeting their functional goals under the direct supervision and instruction of the Physical Therapist
- Set up and prepare exercise equipment and observe the patient during treatment
- Assist and motivate patients in exercise programs
- You will help to maintain cleanliness of treatment rooms, clinic floor, locker rooms, and equipment.
- Ensure the workspace is prepared to serve clients in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Clean linen daily, fold, and change linen as necessary, and help maintain neat and clean conditions
- Clean hydrocollator machine, paraffin, treatment tables, etc. per policy and procedure guidelines and as directed.
- Scanning of patient documents, importing them into our EMR system, and correctly maintain the integrity of the EMR.
- Perform administrative responsibilities, such as but not limited to checking in patients, actively scheduling appointments, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms
- Abide by all facility and/or organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Physical Therapists, Providers, and/or a support team.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Computer literate, experience with data-entry a plus (Apple preferred).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include mornings, evenings, and some Saturdays.
- Ability to perform under pressure and fixed time constraints.
- 2+ years of customer service experience (Bonus).
- Fun atmosphere.
- Ability to learn from a qualified pool of professionals.
- If F/T additional benefits are available.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.