Physical Therapist, ECS Preferred - Austin/San Antonio
Austin , TX 73301
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At Frontera, WE SAVE LIVES!
The Leading Provider of In-Office Diagnostic Testing
Frontera provides physicians with a complete range of mobile diagnostic services to help accurately diagnose disease or identify a preventive course of action. Frontera brings the diagnostic expertise of heart, lung, vascular and neurological specialists into physicians offices. Making it easy for doctors and their patients, we use the latest equipment, clinical expertise and processes to help make patients healthy and physicians practices healthier.
Working under the supervision of Field Operations Manager/Lead PT, this position is responsible for performing comprehensive Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV)/Electromyography (EMG) studies, testing in a field setting in accordance with standard testing procedures. Applicants need to have Cadwell Sierra Wave (or similar) equipment. Physical Therapist in this position will assist with maintaining client accounts and educating physicians on clinical diagnoses and purposes for testing.
- Responsible for performing standard history and physical and develop/implement a nerve conduction velocity and EMG that fit the patient's condition and answers the clinical questions from the referring provider
- Complete impression not listing diagnosis, but in the physiological terms, including: which side/limbs, nerve(s), severity, stage (if EMG findings are present), myelin and/or axonal involvement, anatomical area of the neuropathy/compromise
- Studies to e submitted within 3 days of the exam, preferably the day of.
- Complete daily operational and administrative duties including daily upload notifications, billing charge captures, testing forecasts, and delivery of patient paperwork to the business office.
- Transport equipment to and from practices daily, often involving travel to more than one practice within a day.
- Follow HIPAA standards and Frontera policy when handling and transferring confidential patient data.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with clients, teammates, and colleagues at all levels.
- Assist in account management of practices by educating staff and physicians on testing modalities, procedures and processes, if inquired by the practice.
- Independently troubleshoot issues in the field when they arise, and deliver prompt solutions, requesting assistance when needed.
- Clean and maintain all clinical equipment in compliance with ICAEL and ICAVL accreditation and Frontera standards.
- Complete and maintain required certifications, registries, and continuing education.
- Education: 2 year degree in Electrodiagnositics, Physical Therapy, Neurology, with advanced education on clinical EMG.
- Preferred: Registered Nerve Conduction Studies Technologist
- Ability to work independently and follow protocol.
- Ability to define challenges, analyze problems and develop and implement solutions in a proactive and positive manner, as well as adapt the exam to the patient's clinical presentation and history.
- High attention to detail in fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to multitask effectively with customers and employees of organization and practices
- Demonstration of computer skills and the ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- A valid Tx driver's license to operate a vehicle for transportation of equipment, a reliable means of transportation and an acceptable driving record.
- Generous PTO plan, floating holiday and paid holidays
- Full suite of major medical plans, dental, vision, ancillary, and 401k