Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Physical Therapist, 25K Sign-On Bonus, Full Time Days
Nogales , Arizona 85621
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking to hire Physical Therapists who will primarily be working in Outpatient ortho/neuro with some inpatients. Bi-lingual Spanish is highly preferred. Acute care.
Provides Physical Therapy services to patients/clients including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation and communication. The Physical Therapist III has mastered technical and organizational PT skills and has developed a comprehensive knowledge base. The PT-III is self-directed, flexible, and innovative in providing patient care. Operates from a deep understanding of total situations to resolve complex issues and works collaboratively with other healthcare providers to support the patient and family in achieving goals. The PT-III actively, and positively, influences the team and fosters critical and creative thinking in others, and may form mentoring relationships. Expert therapists serve as change agents by utilizing evidence-based practice and therapies-related research. Serve as a champion or lead for a specific project or service area.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Perform a skilled evaluation through impairment testing with interpretation of the findings that relate to functional deficits. Problem identification is the therapists clinical judgment about the clients response to actual or potential health conditions or needs.
- Develop treatment plans relevant to clinical findings that provide individualized treatment for patient level of care and length of stay and that relate to established goals. Provide input to department Supervisor/Manager/Director in reviewing / assessing ongoing treatment plans and progress.
- Document evaluations, treatment plans, and goals that relate to clinical findings.
- Reassess patients functional need, and adjust care plan as indicated, including documentation of status change.
- Demonstrate knowledge and provide assessment and physical treatments such as relates to: Sensory, Strength /Tone, Range of Motion, Balance / Coordination, Functional Mobility, Bed Mobility, Gait & Transfers, Motor Control / Learning, Joint / Soft tissue mobilizations, and Body systems (i.e. muscular skeletal, nervous, integumentary, and cardiovascular).
- Provide physical therapy modalities such as: Iontophoresis, Ultrasound, Electric Stimulation / Interferential, TENS, Hot/Cold Packs, Ice Massage, Traction, Laser, Pulsed Lavage, Negative Pressure Therapy, infrared, and Compression.
- Demonstrate and instruct patient/caregiver on body mechanics.
- Identify contraindications for patient. Follow precautions for WB, Cardiac, Contact, spinal precautions, and precautions with total joint replacements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of inpatient lab values, diagnostic tests, medications, FIM scale / PAI scoring and the impact on patient.
- Maintain skills required to use and care for equipment such as: Pulse Oximeter, Blood Pressure Cuff / Pulse, Exercise Equipment, sliding boards, crutches, canes, walkers, Wheelchairs (including CADILLAC), Patient Beds (Versacare, Total Care, SizeWise) (IP only), Tilt Table, Floor Lift, Lite Gait, and Standing Frame.
- Counsel patient and family regarding treatments and modalities and home programs.
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary team processes, including collaboration with physicians, vendors, other disciplines; inclusive of discharge planning
- Guide the practice of support staff to achieve patient and departmental goals.
- Serve as a preceptor/mentor for students and staff, as appropriate.
- Participate in performance improvement teams/activities and quality improvement measures within the department and hospital.
- Act as a resource to promote physical therapy within Carondelet.
- Serve as a champion or lead for a specific project or service area.
- Education Required: Graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy. Minimum of a Bachelors Degree.
- Licensure Required: Valid, current license AZ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
- Certificates Required: CPR-BLS
- Experience Required: 3 years experience as a licensed Physical Therapist working in the field of Physical Therapy
- Preferred: Prior patient exposure in area of practice
- Skills Required: Verbal and written communication skills
- Clinical skills that reflect variable exp.
- Knowledge Required: Advanced knowledge of Physical Therapy theory
- and practice.
- Technology Required: Basic computer skills
- Preferred: Microsoft Office programs
Other Required: Must be able to work flexible hours, holidays and/or weekends. Must be able to transport self to various work sites. When using own vehicle must have valid Arizona drivers license and proof of insurance that meets the minimum standard for the state of Arizona
Preferred: Bilingual English / SpanishCERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited Program in Physical Therapy
- Arizona Licensure
- Full-time Benefits- Full
- Relocation Assistance Available- Possible for ideal candidate
- Bonus Eligible- Yes