Under the direction and supervision of a registered pharmacist, supervisor, and/or director of pharmacy services, performs a variety of functions related to preparation, storage and/or distribution of medication within the health system. Responsibilities vary based on practice location and services provided.
The following description of job responsibilities and standards is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities assigned from time to time. See addendums.
1.Demonstrates knowledge and skill to efficiently and accurately use the computer
2.Maintains inventory control to ensure sufficient quantities are stocked
3.Performs accurate data entry into site-specific systems
4.Demonstrates efficiency and accuracy in medication filling, preparation, and/or packaging by ensuring the correct drug, form and labeling and other guidelines are followed according to department policy and regulatory guidelines (including USP Chapter <795> and <797> in sites that perform compounding services)
5.Assures efficient, timely and accurate delivery and distribution of medication and medication orders
6.Ensures assigned inspections are performed on time each month if applicable
7.Maintains appropriate record keeping including controlled substances according to site policy and procedures and regulatory guidelines
8.Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health. Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
9.Participates in organizational and departmental meeting
10. Completes assigned competencies/mandatory education to demonstrate understanding of relevant topics and commitment to professional growth
11. Provides excellent customer service by participating in Service Excellence and Patient & Family Centered Care Initiatives
12. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
13. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
14. Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented environment cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns
15. Performs other duties as assigned
16. See attached addendums (if applicable) for additional site specific duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
B. Work Experience:
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
D. Other Qualifications:
Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Must possess math skills which allow for basic pharmaceutical calculations.
Must have basic computer skills.
Must be an efficient and accurate worker who can function in an environment subject to fluctuations in workload
Must be able to operate under stress, communicate effectively both face to face and via telephone and cooperate with others
Additional qualifications outlined in addendums if applicable797>795>