PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
We are a large, well-established dog and cat hotel since 1983, and are looking for pet-loving individuals to join our team! The successful candidate will share our commitment to providing the highest quality care to our overnight pets & Doggie Daycare guests. All potential candidates must be comfortable working with dogs & cats of all sizes and breeds, be flexible with their schedule and must be able to work weekends, and holidays. Flexibility is required- including evenings, weekends and Holidays. We are available to our clients 24/7, 365 days a year!
Job Duties include, but are not limited to: Feeding strict diets to dogs and cats, washing bedding and other laundry, washing dishes, walking dogs and safely monitoring playgroups, closely monitoring each animal's eating, potty and behavior habits, cleaning and sanitation of facility, exercising dogs of all sizes and breeds, cleaning cat condos, bathing dogs + cats prior to departure.
*ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE HAD PREVIOUS WORKING EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS) WITH EITHER A VETERINARY CLINIC, ANIMAL BOARDING FACILITY, OR ANIMAL SHELTER. APPLICATIONS WITH NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.*
Every potential candidate must also posses the following qualifications:
• Excellent communication and client service skills- In person, via phone and written
• Must possess sound decision making skills and the ability to multi-task
• Properly handle pets, to ensure pets' safety and handlers' safety.
• Must enjoy keeping pets and kennels clean.
• Ability to work Independently and be a Team Player
• Be Extremely Dependable & On time
• Well groomed, organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
• Ability to Multi-Task in a Fast Pace Environment
Must be comfortable working with Dogs & Cats
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Dependable attendance is required.
Must able to lift 50 pounds.
Must be able to work holidays & weekends
This position requires the ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a minimum 10 hour day.
Ability to maintain accurate records, prioritize task and understand written directions.
Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand, to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Can not be allergic to dogs/ cats/ rabbits
We have a *very strict* no drug policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:High School diploma or equivalent
At least 6 months work experience - Hands On with Animals
Please fill out our application online!
BENEFITS offered for full time employees- Medical, 401 (k), paid sick + vacation time.
COMPENSATION DEPENDS ON PRIOR EXPERIENCE
Kennel Club LAX