Peak Dental Services Denver , CO 80201
We manage multiple growing state-of-the-art dental and specialist practices in the Colorado Springs and Denver areas with continued growth plans throughout the state. We take pride in delivering a positive customer experience whereby our customer satisfaction scores have always exceeded 9.5 out of 10 across all dimensions. We have general dentists and specialists onsite in all locations.
The primary role of the Dental Assistant is to perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. Dental assistants prepare patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums. Exemplifying the practices 3 core values is key to the Dental Assistant becoming a great team player
1. Putting Patient & Doctors experience first
2. Demonstrating ownership for results
3. Fostering compassion, optimism, & celebration
4. Practicing fanatical attention to consistency and detail
5. Being committed to continuous improvement
6. Contributing to it being a great place to work
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Customer Experience Leadership
1. Actively participate in our Peak Patient Experience by striving to keep our patients focused on optimal treatment meanwhile making patients know we care about them as individuals.
2. Take an active role in getting to know both new and regular patients we strive for our patients to know we just dont care about their oral hygiene, we care about them as individuals
3. Promotes dentistry to the patient by being in communication with the patient and promoting the treatment plan recommended by the doctor
4. Explain as necessary dental treatment or procedures to the patient when questions are asked
5. Seat patients at the beginning of an appointment and route patents considering extensive treatment to the Team Leader for appropriate financial arrangements prior to beginning treatment
6. Responsible for maximizing the production scheduled for the day by keeping a watch on the treatment plan to see that all possible work is completed that day
7. Responsible to keep the operatories on times for that the patients are seen on time. If running behind, the DA/EDDA will notify the Team Leader who will in turn notify the next patient Job Description Rev. 1/26/2016
8. Instruct and educate patients about clinical procedures and give post-operative instructions
9. Clean each operatory in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines, as the patient has exited the room.
Keep in mind the 'view from the chair' Clinical Skills
1. Complete X-rays and intra-oral pictures of patients
2. Set up trays with appropriate instruments for each procedure
3. Assist in all dental procedures (e.g., hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices)
4. Take impressions and pour up impressions in stone
5. Make temporaries
6. Assist with whitening teeth
7. Place sealants
8. Prepare charts for doctor and ensure properly completed
9. Keep informed of current OSHA regulations for sterilization procedures
10. Oil hand pieces (afternoon/evening)
11. Disinfect hand pieces and operatories after each patient
12. Perform four-handed assisting skills and delegated expanded duties
13. Establish analgesia (nitrous oxide only)
14. Chart the treatment plan as the doctor calls out the recommendations and write a complete description of the procedure in the patients chart if/when completed, with the initials and the date
Administrative Activities 1. Set up treatment rooms 2. Stock operatories and put supplies away 3. Maintain proper inventory control (keep dental supplies at 4-6% of overhead) 4. Sterilize instruments and trays 5. Write/type a complete description of the procedure in the patients chart, with the initials and the date 6. Cross train in other areas of practice and support Office Manager during down time 7. Attend and participate in morning meetings and staff meetings 8. Be a team player
Continuing education 1. Attend continuing education courses as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as business periodicals, professionals journals, technical procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and governmental regulations. Ability to communicate effectively and present information, both verbally and in writing, to patients and co-workers. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals and percentages. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of radiation. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, and smell. The employee is frequently Job Description Rev. 1/26/2016 required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE - Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS Desirable: Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CPR/First Aid Certification OTHER DUTIES Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Paid time off and paid holidays