Pe/Pp Product Development Engineer
Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A.
Point Comfort , TX 77978
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position was established at the Point Comfort, Texas location and will be responsible to develop and deliver new and/or improved polyolefin products, to solve problems and improve product performance and quality. The Product Development Engineer position benefits the Company by carrying out major R&D projects to develop value added products and applications, and to reduce costs by process and formulation optimization resulting ultimately in a profitable and competitive position for our Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Carry out R&D projects regarding new technologies in catalysis, polymer chemistry, reactor process, polymer processing techniques, and additive formulations to develop value-added new polyolefin products and applications, enhance product performance, and reduce the operation cost.
- Team up with operation units, technical service, marketing/sales and other related functions to scale-up and commercialize new technologies, products and applications.
- Develop/implement new experimental methods and provide technical trainings to technicians.
- Support product related regulatory compliance.
- Develop and secure intellectual properties and Free to Operation (FTO)
- Conduct research and provide technical solution regarding optimal polymer structure or composition, selection of catalyst, additive formulation, process parameters, process, and fabrication technologies.
- Investigate root cause of product related customer complaint and provide technical solution.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED: MINIMUM COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR PRIOR TRAINING:
- Ph. D. in Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or closely related field.
- At least 5 years of polymer experience, preferable in polyolefins with experience conducting research in laboratory setting. A strong background in polymer chemistry, structure-property relationships, polymer processing and additive formulations.
- In-depth knowledge of analytical chemistry and polymer characterization.
- Familiarity of manufacturing parameters and polymer structure/property relationships.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from commercial plant operations.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- Must be able to work in a rapid-paced changing environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and customer service; behave professionally; treat others with respect and dignity.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.