People Partner (Soho House New York, Ludlow House, NY Support Office, Soho Works)
Soho House & Co.
New York , NY 10001
Posted 1 week ago
Who we are
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels, workspaces and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Soho House is a platform for creativity and a space for its diverse membership to have fun, connect, discover and grow. Our passion is people, and we put members and our team at the heart of everything we do. We promote equality, respect and kindness within our walls, and in every community, we create around the world. At Soho House, culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them.
At Soho House, the People Partner will provide a broad range of HR support to advance the strategic goals and objectives of the business. The role will be responsible for implementing the day to day Human Resources functions including, but not limited to, recruiting, employee relations, training and development, diversity, performance management, benefits management, and compliance management. This role reports to the People & Development (P&D) Manager and is located onsite.
It is critical that the People Partner supports the operation (single/multi-unit) as a business partner by working closely with local leaders to drive more efficient and effective HR practices. This role is a key player in creating a positive employee experience, interacting with employees daily. In this role you will be responsible for adding value to our employee experience by maintaining the magic and sparkle from moment of application, and ongoing through first year of employment and beyond.
A successful People Partner will thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume and demanding environment. Be a strong communicator and set realistic expectations for deliverables to support the people operations side of the business. A successful People Partner will establish trust and credibility by effectively balancing business needs with employee needs.
- Serves as a partner to operational leaders and P&D Manager and provides day to day HR support for assigned client group (including recruitment, on-boarding, compensation, benefits, performance, employee relations, employee engagement, diversity, and training)
- Continually identify opportunities to improve the employee experience and help execute initiatives that support and advance the mission, values, and strategic vision of the business
- Manage and oversee recruiting of onsite roles, including job postings, prescreens applicants, interviews, and onboarding of new hires
- Mentor and provide guidance to employees related to career development
- Provide coaching to managers and employees regarding employee relations issues and disciplinary procedures, while demonstrating a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Liaise with various HR partners and specialists in the areas of Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Recruiting, and Systems to drive initiatives at the local site that will further our goals to attract, develop, and retain employees
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable
- Ensure that the health and safety policies (i.e. workers comp procedures, allergy procedures, etc.) is adhered to at all times
- Resolve staff issues or concerns, ensuring follow up in a proactive and positive manner
- Responds to routine HR questions and staff requests including but not limited to: employees benefit questions, assist with resolution of problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, assist employees with paperwork related to filing medical claims, employment verifications, etc.
- Oversee processes and matters related to benefits, 401k retirement plans, workers compensation, leave of absences, and unemployment
- Maintain employee files and PayCom database as well as monitor and analyze HR reports (i.e. turnover, retention, engagement)
- Manage and/or coordinate employee engagement experiences including diversity and inclusion initiatives, bulletin boards, birthday and anniversary announcements, annual holiday party, Employee of the Month, summer picnic, staff training's, direct lines, coffee chats, etc.
- Support ad hoc projects as assigned for the People & Development team
Qualifications and Eligibility Requirements
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Human Resources (generalist)
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- An essential part of the job is being available on a flexible schedule and being willing to work outside office hours. For example, nights, weekends and holidays (as needed and when applicable). This may or may not be required on a regular basis but is mandatory when needed.
- Experience in a high growth, fast-paced environment; high end hospitality experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high-quality HR services in an ever-changing environment
- Highly resourceful and organized with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong candidate assessment skills and the ability to generate candidates
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- High sense of urgency and customer service
- Intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of local employment regulations
- Ability to influence, consult, and negotiate
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and tactfully in all interactions with employees and members needed. Discretion and confidentiality are required traits for this position.
- Staffing skills, including reporting, measurement, use of automated staffing systems and process development.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet as well as stationary for at least 10 hours daily.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether youre seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.