People And Development (Hr) Assistant Manager - NYC
Soho House & Co.
New York , NY 10001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position will be responsible for supporting the People & Development Manager on both administrative and strategic Human Resources related initiatives for all New York locations. The Assistant P&D Manager will have autonomy over our Lower East Side location, partnering closely with the senior leadership of that House. The role will be responsible for the daily maintenance of company policies, procedures, and practices including recruiting, benefits and employee relations.
- Provides HR business partnership to local leadership, helping to manage all training and development for staff (150+)
- Will serve as strategic partner to People & Development Manager on process improvements for Soho House Group growth
- Supports administration, coordination, and application of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices
- Responds to employees benefit questions, assists with resolution of problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, assists employees with paperwork related to filing medical claims, and processes enrollment forms and change requests
- Coordinates paperwork related to benefits, 401k retirement plans, COBRA continuation, workers compensation, and unemployment
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening, background and reference checking
- Participate in Unemployment, EEO, Wage and Hour, Workers Compensation, OSHA, ADA, Immigration and Naturalization Service hearings
- Maintain and audit employee benefit programs
- Conduct training classes
- Establish and maintain safety incentive programs
- Plan and edit employee communications
- Supports and monitors employee focused programs, including Cookhouse, House Tonic, House Four, and other events
- Monitor and analyze turnover reports
- Set-up and maintain all wage and salary programs, including performance evaluations
- Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions such as hire, transfer, promotions, etc
- Maintains employee files and database
- Responsible for coordinating and submitting Company payroll on a weekly basis
- Assists with employee relations including, birthday cards, employee of the month celebrations, holiday party, monthly outings, annual activities/parties, direct lines
- Assist with staff requests, i.e. employment verifications
- Responsible for line level recruitment
- Schedules and coordinates new employee inductions
- Coordinates new hire paperwork
- Maintains and orders supplies for the human resources department as needed
- Schedules interviews and prescreens applicants
- Posts required labor law information
- Maintains staff bulletin boards
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, and mailing
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
- Bachelors Degree required
- Basic knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Previous hospitality experience a plus
- Proficient on Outlook, Word, Excel, ADP applications a plus
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Detail oriented, sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Must be able to work stationary for at least 8 hours
- Periodical fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the property to others
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 20 pounds
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as RetirementP fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employee's have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.