PC Support Specialist
Nicepak Products Inc./ PDI
Westwood , NJ 07677
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for proactively monitoring the progress of open IT help desk tickets. Perform general tasks to aid in the ongoing support of the company desktop computing environment, assist with end user questions and problems and maintain a relationship with the customer for the duration of IT tickets. Support with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office Suite of products, proprietary applications, and utilities. Install and maintain a wide range of end user hardware ranging from desktops, laptops, network printers/copiers and corporate issued mobile devices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
End User Support:
- Provide desktop support to internal customers, monitor progress of open IT help desk tickets.
- Proactively work to identify work orders in jeopardy of violating SLAs.
- Control and assist in the development/change of all software and hardware policies and procedures.
- Interface with software vendors to troubleshoot problems with proprietary applications.
- Create and maintain current desktop software image and inventory for the support team.
- Communicate with IT and Team Associates for a productive and strong team build.
- Coordinate all physical user moves with department supervisors, HR and IT Management team.
- Review practices and procedures of Help Desk and recommend more efficient means of handling and servicing customer requests.
- Independently analyze and solve client PC problems (hardware, software, network access).
- Troubleshoot hardware related problems, memory, hard drive, video card replacement etc.
- Support and troubleshoot various software products (Microsoft O365, VPN, Anti-Virus, and various proprietary applications)
- Strong desire to learn 3rd party tools to better streamline processes.
- Maintain customer relations, address complaints, and resolve problems.
- Update customer with pertinent work order status changes.
- Ensure all customer concerns are addressed.
- Positively impact IT customer relations by proactively working to identify and address sensitive issues.
- Follow-up with IT teams servicing problems and communicate problem and resolution to user as well as department (s) associated with the problem.
- Effective management of IT tickets.
- Proactive involvement to remedy day to day pc support issues.
- Be able to work efficiently and effectively within a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide superb customer service to our user community.
- A+ certification preferred.
- Other industry certifications a plus
- Strong knowledge of the Windows 10 operating system.
- Ability to diagnose, identify and remedy client-side hardware, software, and network related issues.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Mac based operating systems, and applications.
- Knowledge of Enterprise level Antivirus solutions.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and technologies including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Scripting/automation of tasks using PowerShell and/or third-party tools.
- Strong knowledge of user account management in a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office365 (o365) platform and user management.
- Experience with Microsoft Intune.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure environment.
- Strong knowledge with Asset Management.
- Strong desire to learn voice/data, server, networking concepts and operations.
- 4+ years of Level I and Level II PC Support experience needed
- Strong written skills for documentation and reporting.
- Strong verbal skills to explain technical issues to peers and the ability to relay technical issues to non-technical staff members.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to defuse situations and perceived as approachable.
- Adaptable to changing environment and workload; Flexible and efficient, able to multitask.
- Motivated, organized, and professional.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Work well under pressure/deadlines.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources