NTT DATA has the opportunity to help find and place a Certified Pharmacy Technician for a direct hire position with one of our client's. The selected candidate will work LOCALLY on site at client's location in Milwaukee, WI.
The Pharmacy Technician performs pharmacy related duties under the direct supervision of a pharmacist related to the prescription dispensing process as well as clerical tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician extend to two areas of the pharmacy workflow, including Production (Prescription Fulfillment) and Adjudication (Prescription Data Entry and Claim Submission).
Production (Prescription Fulfillment)
1. Select and count, measure, and/or reconstitute, and label the correct drug product.
2. Assist with inventory control. This includes wholesaler ordering and returning, resolving drug backorders and recalls, stocking and cycle counting, processing expired product for return, and assisting in the quarterly physical inventory process.
3. Prepare and package completed prescriptions for shipment.
4. Restock robotics and other pharmacy automation.
5. Assist with requisition and storage of packaging, shipping, and other supplies.
6. Assist with retention of records including prescriptions, invoices, inventories, and internal quality forms.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Adjudication (Prescription Data Entry and Claim Submission)
1. Create and update member profiles.
2. Enter new prescriptions into the pharmacy management system in accordance with applicable formulary, special approval, or prior authorization requirements. Ensure all necessary information is complete and consistent with coverage limitations and eligibility.
3. Process requests for refilled prescriptions.
4. Evaluate claim payment accuracy and investigate submission errors.
5. Contact prescriber for clarification or refill authorization as directed by the pharmacist.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience
Required Credentials / Licensing / Certification
An active and valid Certified Pharmacy Technician license, licensed through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) that is in good standing with no restrictions.
Possess considerable knowledge of drug names, medical terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, and different pharmacy work areas and equipment used.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with members, staff, and prescribers.
Experience with employee benefits and claims resolution.
Basic skills in Microsoft Office Professional, particularly in Word and Excel.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
Remain focused and engaged to meet service level performance objectives in a fast paced environment.
Detail oriented and produce accurate results.
Exposed to a normal office environment.
Lifts carries and /or pushes/pulls various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique.
Lift up to 35lbs. from floor to chest level, and lift and carry up to 35 lbs. at waist height a reasonable distance.
Sit or stand up a majority of work day (8-10 hours) or sit for long periods of time depending on the needs of the pharmacy operation and call center.
Operates all equipment necessary to do the job.
The Company considers applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, age 40 years and over, sexual orientation or gender identity, veteran's status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.