Altoona , PA 16601
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The job of the Payroll Supervisor is to provide support by delivery of payroll services with specific responsibility for providing information to associates and managers regarding policies and regulations. They will be responsible for supervising and providing support to Payroll/Billing Specialist as well directly contributing to processing weekly payroll.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Effective preparation, maintenance, and reporting of external payroll records and analyses.
- In charge of overseeing daily operations and performing administrative functions for the Payroll department.
- Effectively assists in the development of Payroll associates, ensuring optimal performance. Update payroll policy and procedure documents.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with Company associates, departments, and management.
- Prepares bi-weekly payrolls for company.
- Establishes and maintains effective business relations with vendors, and outside auditors.
- Ensures compliance with state and local payroll tax requirements. Register new jurisdictions, verify filings, and resolve all issues.
- Reviews annual W-2 preparation and quarterly and annual payroll tax return filings. Work with external payroll company as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Associates Degree Required
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 3+ year of experience processing high volume payroll required
- ADP experience required.
- Supervisor/management experience preferred
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll practices and laws required
- Knowledge of payroll tax laws, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Paid days off
- 401k with company match
- and more!!