Techlink Systems Inc
Tampa , FL 33602
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
If you have experience in finance or payroll processing, we are interested in talking with you about a position in our company as a payroll specialist. In this position, you will work with the payroll team to ensure that all employees get their paychecks delivered accurately and on time. Your knowledge and experience with payroll taxes and deductions are vital in order to be successful in this role. It is also essential to have a solid understanding of employee attendance procedures and leave arrangements. You will make payroll adjustments, audits, voids, direct deposits and termination checks. With your department, you will also prepare payroll reports that detail wages and labor costs to the company.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all employees by using timesheets, leave requests, hourly wage rates and other possible adjustments.
- Manage tax and withholding records and deductions for all federal, state, local or other corporate taxes that affect payroll amounts.
- Set up each individual new hire with all the necessary forms, including direct deposit requests, wage verification, I-9 information and W-4 reports.
- Produce yearly employee withholding tax reports in a timely fashion to ensure all employees are able to prepare their taxes without delay.
- Answer questions regarding paychecks, withholding tax issues or wage adjustments from employees and help troubleshoot possible issues with pay.
- Follow and calculate all outside wage garnishment requests or judgments when required on an individual's paycheck.
- Publish payroll verification requests for former employees moving on to new opportunities within a reasonable time limit.
- Communicate payroll and tax updates to employees and management via newsletter or email on an as-needed basis.
Job Skills & Qualifications
' Four or more years of experience in a payroll department
' Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or similar field
' Strong knowledge of federal and state tax regulations
' Ability to operate accounting and payroll software programs
- Top skills in written communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects