Mize Cpas Inc.
Topeka , KS 66603
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing payrolls and payroll tax reports for various clients, as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain payroll database for clients assigned.
- Research federal, state, and local payroll tax requirements as they apply to assigned clients and update each database with current rates, as they become effective.
- Research workers compensation requirements for each client and update database for required reporting.
- Receive and organize payroll hours worked, including employee new hire and changed information.
- Enter employee information received to payroll database, process payroll, prepare paychecks, and process various payroll journals and reports each payroll cycle.
- Review garnishment orders received, compute deduction required, and enter to employee's deduction file while providing instruction to the client regarding the amount withheld to be deposited with the court.
- Prepare annual W-2s and magnetic reporting required.
- Meet turnaround requirements for payroll preparation, delivery, government reports, and payroll tax deposit due dates.
- Potential for remote work, upon successful completion of in-office training; usually within 6-9 months.
- Ability to work hours necessary to meet deadlines for work assigned.
- Individuals at this level normally have a High School diploma.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Increased workload required during certain times of the week, month, or year.
- US work authorization.
- Full cycle payroll or accounting experience.
- Prior experience working in a CPA firm.
- Back end system experience with Kronos workforce management software.
Mize CPAs Inc. offers competitive salary and fringe benefits, challenging projects, and ongoing professional development opportunities for our employees.