Milwaukee , WI 53201
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Duration: 3 months
Under broad supervision, responsible for timely and accurate preparation and delivery of the organization's Payroll. This includes the preparation, documentation and disbursement of the organization's payroll.
- Responsible to ensure the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of the organization's payroll.
- Ensures appropriate withholding of federal, state and local income taxes, and works directly with the Payroll Tax team regarding any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Ensures all other voluntary and involuntary deductions are taken and accounted for throughout the payroll life cycle; to include (but not limited to) benefits, 401k, United Way, garnishments, etc.
- Knowledge of ADP GlobalView / ADP PCPW payroll system preferred.
- Knowledge of Workday HCM and Payroll system preferred.
- Responds to all inquiries relating to payroll and payroll systems.
- Ensures complete pay information is properly recorded and accurately calculated for each payroll cycle.
- Reviews payroll reports to identify potential problems and contacts business units to resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Reviews payroll quality assurance reports; performs analysis and takes appropriate action where results fall outside of established standards.
- Provides ongoing support through day-to-day activities and deliverables.
- Coordinates and executes all activities relating to year-end bonus payments and other year- end activities impacting employees.
- Provides customer and stakeholder support for issues that arise, and helps with planning for problem resolution along with mitigation of issues on a go-forward basis.
- Recommends, develops and implements changes to processes, procedures and workflows, leading to greater efficiency and accuracy throughout the US payroll operations.
- Works as a team member closely with the Contact Center leadership team, as well as Tier 1 and Tier 2 support as it relates to payroll processing activities.
- Works closely with ADP's managed services team.
- Reviews and assists with vendor enhancements and program changes to upgrade the payroll system as necessary.
- Analysis, research, problem resolution and administration of payroll processes. Specific processes could include payroll accounting, G/L Interface, account reconciliation, accruals, tax reporting/payments, T&A interfaces, garnishment processing, leave accruals, W-2 Processing, W-2C's, etc.
- Provides payroll reports and other information as needed/requested.
- Adheres to and completed all activities related to SOX and internal control compliance.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
Job Specifications / Requirements:
- Degree in business related discipline (Business, Accounting, Finance, HR, etc.), or the equivalent of combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 3 years hand on experience in payroll processing and associated activities
- Working knowledge of payroll tax
- Strong knowledge of payroll policies, procedures, regulations, and systems for payroll/tax reporting
- Creative analytical and problem solving background
- Demonstrates analytical strengths in payroll environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
- Must be a customer-focused, self-driven, results-oriented individual with an emphasis on quality, detail and accuracy
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint