Payroll & HR Manager
Pernix Group, Inc.
Lombard , Illinois 60148
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Pernix Groupis looking for Payroll/HR Manager who is responsible for the overall accuracy ofpayrollpreparation for Pernix Group companies and processing,payrollaccounting, tax filing and remittance, benefits maintenance and various special payments. The Payroll/HR manager is also responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. The ideal candidate is analytical and methodical, with experience in payroll administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations as well as HRIS systems experience.Responsibilities
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Supervise and coach payroll and HR staffs
- Collaborate with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
- Manages all facets of the staffing process including the administration of pre-employment testing, as well as conducting interviews and reference checks on potential candidates.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to inform and foster a positive attitude toward company objectives
- Communicates and implements policies and procedures that meet the needs of the company and comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a payroll manager or similar role
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes, international experience is preferred
- Proven experience with payroll software/ HRIS/ERP systems (e.g. Viewpoint) and other payroll provider system. MS Office (especially Excel)
- A keen eye for detail
- An analytical mind and good math skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field; professional certification (e.g. CPP, CPM) is a plus