Payroll & Benefits Specialist
New York , NY 10001
Posted 3 months ago
Shapeways has set out to redefine product creation. It is a platform that enables the full creator experience through design, making, and selling--born out of its consumer 3D printing service, the largest in the world. Shapeways has over 1 million creators and has printed over 10 million products. The company supports creators with design tools and services, access to advanced production technology starting with 3D printing, and services to build a business. Printing in over 60 different materials and finishes, Shapeways has factories and offices in New York, the Netherlands, and partners around the globe. It is a spin-out of the lifestyle incubator of Royal Philips Electronics, and investors include Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, INKEF Capital, Index Ventures, Hewlett Packard Ventures, and Presidio Ventures.
We're seeking a driven people operations generalist to set our employees up for success from the moment they join the team. Whether it's how they're welcomed on the first day, the accuracy of their paycheck, understanding the health benefits package, or the introduction of a new HRIS you identify the tools, systems and resources needed to deliver a stellar experience for our employees, day after day. The ideal candidate will use their data-driven, analytical skill set to create and maintain engaging, people-centric programs, policies, and initiatives, acting as a champion and service provider for our workforce.
Why is the Payroll & Benefits Specialist important to us?
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist will drive the successful execution and delivery of a strategy for operational excellence within the HR function. This position will implement best practices and drive efficiencies in HR processes. You will be responsible for driving the setup and execution of People Programs including HR software tools and systems, health benefits, payroll, leave of absence, global mobility, immigration, people analytics & reporting, and driving efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
As the Payroll & Benefits Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Time, Attendance, & Payroll Responsible for processing payroll for all employees including our exempt employee semi-monthly payroll and non-exempt employee weekly payroll. With the assistance of our People Operations Coordinator, youll oversee timecards and support managers on using the timekeeping system. Ensuring we use compliant practices and record keeping and the appropriate payroll processes, laws and regulations are in place and being followed.
- Health Benefits Forward thinking methodology, design, and administration of group benefit programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, workers compensation, life & disability insurance, flexible spending plans, and the 401(k) retirement plan. Manage Leave of Absence and Accommodations practices in accordance with federal and state policies.
- Reporting & Analytics Through reporting, data analysis, and dashboard creation, shares actionable insights and data with the broader HR team and leadership.
- Employment Records & Data Integrity Responsible accurate and up-to-date employment records. Oversees and maintains the companys HRIS tool including inputting and maintaining accurate, compliant, and up-to-date employee records.
- Systems & Tools Identifies optimal solutions that meet the needs of the HR function and broader staff by recommending process improvements, system enhancements and alternatives based on specific needs.This includes managing our HRIS, ADP.
- Compliance Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; reporting and maintaining records, among other activities.
You might be a good fit if you have/are:
- Strong attention to detail and high sense of urgency for critical timelines
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Spreadsheets, and/or MS Excel
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws, HR best practices, benefits, and payroll
- A Team player Possess a fantastic can-do attitude (no isnt in your vocabulary) and able to adapt skills to wherever you can best contribute to the team
- Process oriented Looks for most efficient and effective way to do things. Establishes process.
- A critical thinker Who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems
- Motivated Determined, self-starter, inspired
- Agile Learner Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with frequent change and limited direction
- Proactive Take up and start new projects. Able to achieve work with risk of failure
- Data Driven Leverages strong data analysis skills to inform proposals and actions
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer a great medical plan option that provides coverage to the employee for free
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor matching - Join the team and we will invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Generous Paid time off for new parents
- Ample Paid Time Off - PTO plus sick days. Whether its traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life.
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit for 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.